Permanent vacancy! Great opportunity to work as a 3.5 tonne Van/Delivery Driver for a leading, innovative online supermarket.
Staffline is recruiting for a 3.5 tonne Van/Delivery Driver to work in Ocado on a permanent contract basis to work in Dagenham.
You don’t need to have any previous experience to join our team, just bring yourself and a positive attitude (plus a full UK or EU driving license of course), and our award winning training team will do the rest!
Your Time at Work
As a 3.5 tonne Van/Delivery Driver for Ocado your duties may include:
– Undertake customer deliveries as ambassadors for Ocado and any Ocado business partners. Deliver exemplary customer service whilst demonstrating safe, efficient driving behaviour and Ocado Driving standards
– To provide excellent customer service, while undertaking deliveries as an ambassador for Ocado.
– Ensure that the customer’s order reaches them on time and in good condition, resolving any issues that may occur.
– To be responsible for communication (including by phone) with any customer to keep them informed of issues and changes to their proposed delivery, in adherence to Ocado Delivery Standards.
– Control and maintain an accurate record of customer deliveries.
– Introduction of relevant Ocado Delivery standards to new customers.
– Liaise with all Internal Customers on aspects of customer deliveries.
– You will communicate and respond to customer requests and unforeseen circumstances,
– Assist fellow 3.5 tonne Van/Delivery Drivers that encounter difficulties.
– Ensure a high degree of personal presentation, in line with company hygiene rules, to promote brand image.
– Ensure that any communicable medical conditions, illnesses, or other health issues are reported to site management in line with company sickness / absence reporting guidelines.
– Ensure goods are kept within the correct temperature regimes.
– Monitor and record temperatures for compliance with advised guidelines and food hygiene regulations, reporting any issues to site management immediately.
– Undertaking the correct processes for use of Dry Ice as per training
– Follow all policies and procedures in a professional manner, ensuring your
own and others safety.
From day one, you will be welcomed into the Ocado family and will be the face of our business, delivering groceries and delighting our customers whatever the weather. Unlike other similar roles, you’ll be glad to hear that your van will be pre-loaded for you, so you can sit back and relax until you’re ready to go.
Our Perfect Worker
Our ideal 3.5 tonne Van/Delivery Driver will be comfortable following strict company driving policy, in order to maintain the image.
Our drivers must have a good understanding of English, both verbal and written etc.
You must not have an excess of 6 points on your UK licence to be suitable for this role.
You will need to successfully complete an online driving risk assessment and a Disclosure Barring System check (DBS) to be suitable for this role.
Key Information and Benefits
– Earn between £10.91-£15.16
– Overtime is available, and is paid up to £18.20 per hour
– Shift patterns are flexible
– No previous experience needed – full training provided
– A range of discounts at various retailers including 15% off online shopping at Ocado
– The ability to share in our success through a range of share plans
– Tools & support for your health and wellbeing
– Option to purchase additional holiday
Staffline is the biggest recruiter in the UK and Ireland, and we believe in putting people first. Every day, we help tens of thousands of people find work in logistics, food, transport, retail, and agriculture. We can do the same for you.
We listen to the needs of our workers and always aim to offer flexible shift work and opportunities for overtime, as we know these are important to you.
Each of our locations has dedicated 24-hour OnSite support, so you can always speak to a Staffline representative. Staffline is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that our job adverts are correct at the time of publication, but some details and job responsibilities are subject to change.
This job advert may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, by third-party websites, without prior written consent from Staffline
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency