About the Opportunity:
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Account Handlers to join PIUA’s established underwriting team based in Colchester
Property Initiatives Underwriting Agency (PIUA) is a trading name of URIS Group which is part of the Ardonagh Group of companies, that include AutoNet, Bishopsgate, Price Forbes, Carol Nash, Geo Underwriting, Paymentshield, Swinton Group, Towergate Insurance and Towergate Health and Protection. Collectively there are more than 6000 employees and 100 offices in the UK.
Is this role for you?
This Account Handler role is a challenging, fun and rewarding role. You will be part of a small underwriting team based in Colchester, who would enjoy and pride themselves on delivering an outstanding service and helping our brokers sell to their end consumer with our compelling offering.
The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic successful wholesale broke where you will help regional UK Brokers with Commercial and Residential Landlords Property Owners business. PIUA underwrites on the behalf of a panel of A rated Insurers with their compelling scheme and products.
- Rate renewals, issue and communicate effectively with our regional brokers to ensure we retain and secure the case/renewal
- Review the case and if we are required to place elsewhere or improve profitability explore solutions and present back with options
- Deal with any mid-term-adjustments on an existing policy returning to the broker within our service level agreements
- Review a new business enquiry and review our Insurer panel to understand which products will suit the needs
- Communicate regularly with the broker to ensure you maintain/build your relationship that drives more business and success stories
Qualifications and Experience:
- Working in a broker environment
- Underwriting experience
- Competent in Landlords Property Owner’s products
- Effective at communicating
- Managing workloads
- Able to work on own and prioritise
- Team Player
- Although not essential an advantage working with Acturis software
- A level standard
- Aspiration to achieve Certificate in Insurance qualification (CII)
- Competent in Word, Excel and Microsoft
Along with the great people you would be working with in this role, we offer an excellent set of benefits which would include the following:
- Employer pension contribution of 6% (providing you, the Employee provides 2%)
- Life Assurance at X4 of your base salary
- Group Income Protection
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Flexible benefits
- Study support options available
- Progression opportunities throughout the Group
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency