Accountant – North West (Home Based)
Salary: £20,000 – £25,000 pa
Location: Home-based (travel to meet clients may be necessary for time-to-time)
Hours: up to 40 per week – can be flexible
* To provide accountancy support and advice to a wide range of charity, non-profit and public sector clients, to enable them to comply with all legal and charitable requirements
* To deliver training and support to charity, not-for-profit and public sector organisations
* To carry out Bookkeeping, Accounts Preparation, Payroll, provide VAT and CT advice and conduct Independent Examinations
* To work with the Partner to develop and grow the business including the development of new services.
* Preparing statutory accounts
* Preparing management accounts
* VAT and CT returns
* Undertake the development and maintenance of a marketable package to offer Independent Examinations on behalf of voluntary and community organisations, liaising with external accountants/auditors as required.
* Financial Management for Voluntary and Community Organisations
* Develop a marketable package to provide an end of year accounts function for voluntary and community organisations, liaising with external accountants/auditors as required
* Support and advise voluntary and community organisations to develop and implement good practice in relation to financial governance arrangements, financial management and financial control of their organisations, ensuring they both understand and comply with relevant accounting and charity legislation
* Support and advise voluntary and community organisations to select appropriate software packages to meet their needs and effectively use computerised accounts systems, particularly Sage and Quickbooks and where appropriate Excel spreadsheets
* Provide training to voluntary and community organisations – one to one, workshops and training courses – on all aspects of charity financial management and financial control
* Receive and participate in supervision and training as deemed necessary and in line with policies.
* Operate within and promote policies in areas of Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Customer Care.
* Extensive knowledge, skills and abilities in relation to accountancy services and good financial management practice in small organisations/charities.
* Skills and knowledge to carry out independent examinations and produce end of year accounts
* A recognized accountancy qualification such as AAT, ACA, ACCA, CIMA
* Experience of at least three of the following:
* Setting up computerized financial systems (particularly QuickBooks Online)
* Preparing budgets and management accounts
* Dealing with VAT and HMRC returns
* Creating Cash flow forecasts
* Producing Year End accounts
* Establishing internal control processes
* Running payroll
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency