Company Profile: A small, yet friendly financial support company offering a range of services including bookkeeping, payroll, management accounts and more.
Purpose of Role: To be the principle contact for your own clients and overseeing day to day accounting, bank reconciliation & nominal activity. You will also assist with support & training to the Ledger Clerk.
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Salary: £23,000-28,000 per annum
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
Duties of Position:
- Manage individually allocated billable work on a weekly, monthly & quarterly basis
- Be the principle point of contact for your own clients
- Oversee day to day accounting, bank reconciliation & nominal activity
- Support with the training of the Ledger Clerk
- Produce individual client reporting & compliance deadlines
- Keep the Head of Bookkeeping updated on all progress
- Ensure all information on client accounts is accurate and complete
- Liaise with clients to resolve any queries or obtain missing information
- Complete VAT work on time
Skills / Experience Required:
- Experience with Sage 50 Accounts/Sage One is essential
- Solid bookkeeping skills is essential
- Multi company experience is essential
- Experience within an Accountancy Practice is highly advantageous
- Experience with bank reconciliation & VAT returns
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working with multiple clients is highly advantageous
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting
- Effective review & checking skills
- Pension Scheme
- Free, on-site parking
- Paid overtime available, if required
Should you be short listed for this position, a member of the Smart10 team will be in touch with you in the next five working days. Good luck with your application!
Smart10 Ltd is a “Multi Award Winning” and Independently run recruitment consultancy which specialises in supplying both Permanent and Temporary positions across all Business Support roles. Smart10 have become renowned as one of Hertfordshire’s most dynamic recruitment companies. As a business, we won the Judges Award in 2012, Best New Business Award in 2013 and ‘Business Person of The Year in 2016 at The Hertfordshire Business Awards, for being the most “promising” and “innovative” company within Hertfordshire.
The Smart10 Group recently also scooped the Award Winning Title of ‘Most Inspiring Business Woman’ at The National ‘Best Business Women Awards’ in October 2018!
We are proud to work with a leading number of blue-chip companies as well as smaller SME’s throughout the region. The smart10 team are an energetic and smart team of highly experienced and professional recruitment consultants who are committed at exceeding both our candidates and client’s expectations.
Employment Type Any
Advertiser Type Agency