Nuffield Health is Britain’s largest healthcare charity. We’re balancing our social values with strong business discipline to help the UK get healthy and stay that way. We’re all about great people – recruiting and nurturing talent in a supportive, development-led, multidisciplinary setting where teamwork means everything.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and self-starting Assistant Accountant to join our Finance team.
Reporting into the Finance Manager, the Assistant Accountant will assist with the production of monthly management information and reports and will be closely involved in all forecasting and budgeting of the clinical category.
Skills and attributes required:
- Business or finance related degree or have had relevant commercial experience
- IT literate with strong MS Excel skills
- Confident communication ability
- Previous experience in a professional / commercial environment is highly desirable
- Ideally has some knowledge of cost accounting and budgeting principles
- Analytical with proactive problem solving skills
- Keen to learn and progress
The specific duties required of the Assistant Accountant will include:
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly Management Accounts: you will ensure information within your area of responsibility is monitored, reconciled, recorded and reported correctly
- Management of Weekly & Monthly Reporting
- Maintenance of monthly cost centre budgets and reporting of actual results
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual budget and regular forecasting as required
- Maintenance of the balance sheet items including reconciliations
- Gather, analyse and interpret complex data and information and monitor its processing.
- Accountability for various finance functions
We are about to embark on a period of systems change and so anyone who is excited by the prospect being involved in a system implementation would be at a distinct advantage.
We want you to be the best you can be. We promise that we will support you with training opportunities, career development options and our unique health & wellbeing focused benefits package. This includes free membership across all of our Fitness & Wellbeing clubs, along with free private healthcare. Not only this but we also offer a range of lifestyle and financial wellbeing benefits.
Be your best and join us in building a healthier nation.
Salary – £24,000 per annum
Closing date – 31/08/2019
Location – Bournemouth
Part-time, 30 hours
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency