Assistant Client Accountant (VAT) – £27k – £30k
We are recruiting for an Assistant Client Accountant for our fintech client to take responsibility for their VAT services.
This would suit a candidate qualified to at least Level 2 AAT who has practical experience with full balance sheet reconciliations.
As part this busy and fast-paced team, the Assistant Client Accountant will take responsibility for the day-to-day running of the client management VAT function and supporting the growing VAT client portfolio.
Day-to-day duties will include:
* Daily multimillion pound bank reconciliations, including completion of cash forecasting and exception reporting
* Generating VAT invoices on behalf of clients (using bespoke software) and distributing to relevant clients for payment
* Control of fees calculated from VAT invoicing and making available for import into our accounting software
* Accurately calculating introducer fees relating to Cost of Sale and completing requisition from Clients as required
* Ensuring regular payment of client VAT, rebates, advances and payroll deductions, including the creation of both payment & analysis/upload files as required
* Maintaining effective credit control including the collection and reconciliation, liaising across the Accounts, Underwriting, Sales and VAT teams as well as external clients
* Regular production and analysis of reports to enable effective exceptions monitoring and monitoring of KPIs
* Assisting in the development, efficiency, and future proofing of current systems
Keywords: Assistant Accountant | VAT Assistant | Client Accountant | IT Literate | AAT Level 2 | CIMA | Excel | Tax | Invoicing | Bank Reconciliation | Forecasting | Reporting | KPIs | Communication | Credit Control
We’ll be looking for candidates to have the following experience and skills:
* Minimum AAT (level 2) qualification, or part qualified CIMA
* Background working within an Accountancy environment
* Practical experience of full (double entry) Balance Sheet reconciliations
* Strong IT and Excel skills (including working knowledge of Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP Tables), with an ability to use complex bespoke systems
* Highly organised with strong attention to detail
* Proven ability to use own initiative to resolve day-to-day issues, with a flexible and pro-active approach
* Good understanding of accountancy and tax rules
* Well-developed communication skills – written and spoken
22 days holiday rising by 1 day per year to a max of 25 days / Healthcare cash plan / Perkbox / Pension scheme / Cycle to Work Scheme
If you’re looking for a career and not just a job and a new challenge in a role that is in a dynamic fintech environment and , you’re in the right place. We like people with the courage to challenge, the hunger to succeed and the motivation to just get things done.
Please apply for immediate consideration
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency