Assistant Farm Manager
Technique Recruitment Solutions are specialists in Manufacturing & Agricultural recruitment and have a new opportunity for an Assistant Farm Manager based in Attleborough to join their team. The successful candidate will have previous experience working with poultry or livestock
Key Role Objectives
Assist and support the Farm Manager with the day to day management of the farm, ensuring that the stock produced is of the highest standards and meets the required specification in terms of welfare, weight, quality and cost efficiency.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities
* Assist with the management of the farms to ensure that bird welfare is never compromised
* Assist with the management and monitoring ventilation, heating, feed, water, litter and lighting within the agreed standards, ensuring the highest quality conditions are provided for the birds.
* Communicate with the Farm Manager ensuring that information is provided promptly and accurately.
* Direct and motivate the Employees to ensure that production targets are met.
* Manage and control Contractors on site ensuring that work is carried out to required specification and quality.
* Ensure weekly paperwork is accurately recorded and is sent on time to the relevant Accounts or Planning Department.
* Cover the alarm as required ensuring it is operational and any faults rectified immediately
* Ensure that Site Security is maintained at all times, and report any issues.
* Ensure that Site is maintained in clean, tidy and presentable manner.
* Ensure that the Company Health & Safety Policy is adhered to at all times.
* Ensure that all Codes of Practice are adhered to at all times.
* Flexible approach will be necessary as this role will necessitate working at weekends with some early morning and late evening work.
* Provide holiday / sickness cover for Line Manager as required.
* Undertake any other duties as required to fulfil the needs of the position
* Attend training courses which are determined as appropriate by the Company
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Previous experience with poultry or livestock
* Initiative and influencing skills with a critically evaluating and questioning approach
* Sound stock management background
* Ability to manage Employees
* Organised and detailed approach to duties
* Ability to prioritise duties / tasks
* Ability to work as part of a Team as well as on own initiative
This role involves working 48 hours over 6 days per week supporting the Farm Manager. A flexible approach will be necessary as this role will necessitate working at weekends with some early morning and late evening work
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency