*Assoc Director / Director Biostatistics – Europe – ₠10,000 Joining Bonus*
We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD – thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
Our Biostatistics department are passionate about being data and technically agile, and driving enhanced value for our clients and patients. Determined to improve patient health, we help PPD provide industry-leading statistical, programming and clinical pharmacology contributions through global delivery, consistent quality adherence and scientific insight.
We are currently looking to hire an experienced AD/Director Biostatisitcs to join our Biostatistics & Programming department in EMEA. This is an excellent opportunity for someone that loves working directly with clients, contributing as a high-level project lead and key contributor. This position is focused on client & project management at a high-level and will not hold direct line management responsibility.
* Evaluates workloads, resources, processes, and technologies for efficient operation of the department.
* Acts as senior reviewer on multiple projcts, manages project team resources, budget, finance, timelines and ensures SOP compliance with appropriate documentation.
* Serve in a project oversight management role for studies, representing the study(s) to all functions as needed, with client, and fully accountable for all aspects of the management of risk.
* Informs senior leaders of department activities, accomplishments, and needs.
* Participates in long-range strategic planning, development of departmental business plan, and departmental budget.
* Prepares bids, for marketing, and business development.
* Communicates company and department policies and priorities to department staff and assuring compliance.
* Ensures appropriate personnel resources are applied to department projects based on priorities and relative complexity.
* Provides statistical consultation and serves as senior reviewer on projects.
* Reviews and/or approves documents related to project activities.
* Participates in project development and FDA meetings concerning investigational and marketed drugs assigned to the department.
* Consults with project teams, sponsors, and other clients/agencies on project-related issues.
To be considered for the role you should have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
* Masters degree in statistics, biostatistics, mathematics or related field
* 10+ years of clinical trial experience as a statistician
* Experience managing projects and client partnerships
* Strong leadership skills
* Capable of effectively mentoring senior staff/managers to direct and promote teamwork in a multi-disciplinary team setting
* Demonstrated initiative and motivation
* Superior written and verbal communications skills, including proficiency in the English language
* Positive attitude and the ability to work well with others
* Capable of supervising, evaluating, and mentoring departmental personnel
* Capable of delegating tasks and facilitating the completion of assignments
* Capable of driving innovation in developing new ideas related to process improvements
* Comprehensive organizational, judgment, analytical, decision-making and interpersonal skills
* Capable of independently assessing sponsor needs and working with project team members in producing compliant deliverables
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
– We have a strong will to win – We earn our customer’s trust – We are gamechangers – We do the right thing -We are one PPD –
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency