ABM are holding a recruitment open day where they want to meet with potential candidates, explain in detail the roles they have to offer, and potentially hold interviews on the day with candidates that are interested in joining the ABM Team.
Date and time of open day: 17th December am till 2pm
Location: 4M Office, Level 3, Ground Transport Interchange, Manchester Airport, Manchester, M90 3RR (report to reception on arrival and you will be collected and escorted to the open day location)
JOB TITLE: Banksman
LOCATION: Manchester Airport
PAY RATE: £9.31 per hour
SHIFT: Variable dependent on operational demand (4on 2 off roster)
Working as a member of the Cabin Presentation Team, you will work closely with HI-Lift drivers to ensure all items required onboard our flights are loaded onto the vehicles in cages and delivered in a safe and timely manner to the aircraft. The main responsibility of the role is to safely ensure that the vehicle is docked on/off the aircraft using marshalling signals. You will then assist in the cleaning of the Aircraft and any other duties assigned by the Team Leader / Cabin Manager.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
– Assist the driver in completing the daily Vehicle Check Sheet, to maintain the operational reliability of the vehicle, reporting when necessary any vehicle defaults in line with the Vehicle Inspection procedure.
– Utilise safe manual handling techniques.
– Maintain safety protocols whilist on-board an ABM vehicle at all times
– Ensure the safe docking of the vehicle on / off the aircraft
– Carry out cleaning of aircrafts between flights within strict deadlines as part of the Cabin Presentation Team, this will include taking on cleaning related tasks as required.
– Promote a safe and secure environment at all times
– Full UK Driving Licence
– Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
– Familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets (COSHH)
– Understanding Health and Safety regulations
– Used to working as part of a team
– Used to working to deadlines
– Works well under pressure
– You must be able to understand English language to adhere to company notices, staff briefings and individual instructions provided to you, which will affect your working duties.
– Self-motivated and reliable with a conscientious approach to the Safety and Security aspects of your role.
– Flexible approach to work and able to work efficiently and thoroughly with minimal supervision.
– Excellent time keeping and must be able to work shift patterns
– All applicants must have the right to work in the UK with documentation to support this. Must undertake a CTC (Counter Terrorist Check) and CRC (Criminal Record Check) also provide us with 5-year checkable referencing history
– Due to the hours of working, all applicants must be over 18 years of age
– Carry out any reasonable task requested
– Experience in a similar role would be an advantage
HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
– Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
– Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
– Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
– Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect 0063hanges in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
Please note that ABM are an equal opportunities employer, we do not discriminate and welcome all responses
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency