Our Client is seeking to recruit a driven and dedicated Claims Technician on a fixed term basis to join their well-established Binding Authority team. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering a high quality professional advice service to clients regarding any claims issues.
The main objective is to liaise with insurers and other interested parties to expedite the claim and effectively manage your clients’ expectations. You will handle claims from receipt of notification of loss through to conclusion.
- Advise and update clients on all meaningful events and discussions during the claim ensuring complete customer happiness
- Regularly assess the status of claims with clients / insurers / solicitors (as applicable) and ensure that all parties are informed of progress or chased for updates as necessary.
- Can you offer appropriate technical advice to clients throughout the duration of the claim? Be encouraging, compassionate and effectively handle their expectations? Your role is focussed on regarding the claim process, timescales, policy and/or legal liability and quantum.
- You will liaise with your Line Manager regarding any issues, queries or areas of concern which may arise. Ensuring you bring to your Line Manager’s attention any claims complaints (in addition to following the company’s general complaints procedure)
- Ensure market / insurance / legislation and other technical knowledge is developed and maintained to enable efficient claims handling and that Business systems are updated regularly and that data held is 100% accurate at all times, to facilitate accurate claims reporting.
- Process all claim notifications, further advices, collections and claims bordereau in accordance with the Claims Division’s procedures
- Can you manage own workload in order to service the client promptly and expertly? You will need to be someone with excellent administrative skills who will be task focused and want to develop and nurture their career with us.
- Update insurers and inform of any additional information acquired during the claims process. Review insurer’s queries and resolve wherever possible
- Ensure that claims statistics, when required by the client, Placing Department or insurers on risk, are accurate and produced in accordance to SLAs
- Ensure all relevant inward/outward correspondence is added to each claim file in the correct order, including contemporaneous notes of any telephone conversations / meetings
- Comply with Professional Standards Manual in accordance with statutory requirements for role with specific attention, but not limited to Whistle Blowing, Treating Customers Fairly
- Previous experience of managing Binder Claims
- Educated to at least A Level standard or equivalent
- Good customer service focus along with good planning, Mathematical and analytical skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and takes initiative when assisting team members.
- MS office proficiency.
If you wish to apply for the above position, please do so and a member of our team at GB Resource Consulting will be in touch to discuss the role in further detail with you.
GB Resource Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Employment Type Contract
Advertiser Type Agency