We are looking for a Bookkeeper to join a family-run engineering company supplying products and services to the Food, Industrial and Pharmaceutical and Medical sectors. They are based in Harlow in pleasant offices with free parking. The position will be a stand-alone bookkeeper and finance manager; preparing financial statements and management reports (in conjunction with their 3rd party accountants) as well as owning credit control and cost control.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and formal qualifications are not necessary. Key to this role is being comfortable operating in a small business where flexibility is key but also happy to support them through growth and develop the role.
* Accounts – Ensure accurate bookkeeping and accounts using Sage Line 50
* Own and police cost control across all departments in line with budgets
* Credit Control – Monitor and manage debtors and escalate to third party debt recovery where necessary
* Reporting monthly, quarterly and EoY finances to management and 3rd party accountants
* Input into budgeting and forecasting management meetings
* Previous accounting and/or book keeping experience is essential
* Experience with Sage Line 50 is essential
* AAT/ACCA or similar qualification would be useful but not essential
* Willing and able to push back on costs, processes and procedures at all levels
* Excellent organisational skills and a high level of attention to detail is important
* An alignment to the company ethos of honesty, integrity and loyalty
* Flexible and comfortable working in a small office environment
* Salary £35-40K – negotiable dependent on experience
* Training budget available for formal accountancy or bookkeeping training.
* Free breakfast and lunch provided daily
* Pension – auto-enrolment scheme
* 20 days holiday + 8 days bank holidays
* Standard hours are 07:30-16:30 Monday-Friday but flexible based on personal circumstances
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency