Our client has a Building Manager vacancy for one of their residential properties in South East London. The successful applicant will be an integral member of the team and a key contributor in providing a range of services to support the day to day maintenance and security for a large, iconic residential property.
The Building Manager will ensure the provision of a safe and secure environment for the residents and visitors of the building whilst managing the day-to-day activities at the development. They will aim to ensure that staff and contractors undertake their duties, monitor their effectiveness and provide a link to the Property Manager at Head Office. They will also oversee all day-to-day functions at the building to ensure that the property managers deliver on their stated aims and objectives of a quality well run development, with tight financial control and of procurement of communal services.
As Building Manager you will be expected to be pro-active in checking the status of the Estate internally and externally and in dealing with any faults or flaws in the workings of the plant and machinery, in the cleanliness, health & safety and the regular maintenance programmes and inspections of the Estate.
- Supervision & training of all site staff directly employed by the management company in respect of the day-to-day operation of the building.
- Supervision of all outside contractors employed by the management company in respect of the building and for issuing Work Permits as appropriate.
- Overall responsibility for the security of the site.
- Responsible for ensuring all maintenance contracts including all Health & Safety requirements are carried out according to the current schedule.
- Overall responsibility for the site fire & emergency procedures policy and for ensuring that relevant preventative measures are undertaken, including staff training.
- Overseeing activities of contractors appointed by apartment owners as effects the communal areas and building’s security.
- Maintaining and reviewing procedures for the day-to-day operation of the building.
- Maintaining a smart appearance at all times, wearing uniform or a suit
- Ensuring high level of customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Efficient in maintaining administration and record keeping electronically
- Previous BUILDING MANAGER experience- 2 years minimum desirable
Hours: Mon-Fri 0
Location: South East London
The successful candidate must have the personality and ability to deal with owners and residents in a courteous, friendly and efficient manner
- Strong building management experience
- Experience in dealing with handyman/maintenance jobs
- Customer service experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to set and meet goals
- Detail oriented
Apply with your CV today
* Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications received we are unable to respond to every applicant. We apologise in advance. *
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency