Business Development Manager
Role is to cover London (Inside the M25 – You should live on patch)
Up to £30k, Plus a chance to double your salary with bonus!!! Grade D role, Homebased contract, Company Car and Much More
Your local pub, your favourite restaurant, your children’s schools all have one thing in common – Brakes. There are a lot of hungry mouths to feed out there and every day we deliver 1.5 million products from our fleet of 2000 trucks to thousands of restaurants, pubs, hotels, schools, hospitals and care homes in every corner of the UK. Our customers count on us for exceptional food and service, and as our response to Covid-19 proved, our 6,000-strong workforce is dedicated and proud to play their part in feeding the nation
We are currently recruiting a talented and results driven Business Development Manager to join our successful sales team to cover Inside M25 area
As a BDM, you will identify sales growth opportunities and secure new business – with our commitment to traceability, responsible sourcing and sustainability, you’ll find that that our award-winning products will suit all your customers’ needs! The BDM will work to find solutions and ensure that everything we do enables us to deliver on our promises to our customers and exceed expectations.
Role Purpose :Research, prospect, win & on-board profitable new Independent customers You’ll naturally promote and embrace our inclusive team environment and we’re sure you’ll have some fun along the way!
• Research & prospect potential new business opportunities to maintain a healthy pipeline. Pipeline minimum £3million
• Build strong commercial customer relationships to understand their business & requirements
• Develop profitable & relevant propositions to secure numerous & regular customer wins
• Onboard new customers effectively & successfully h& over to ASM to ensure expected trading levels achieved
• Lead the POD team of ASMs to ensure new business targets are achieved & successful customer handovers eg weekly conference calls
• Understand competitor activity & propositions to create the tailored proposals for customers & retain business long term
You’ll live and breathe Customer First, with an innovative and agile approach to identify new ideas and methods. You’ll enjoy working collaboratively with a dedicated focus on driving results. You will be resilient – accepting and learning from mistakes and building future solutions. Naturally, you will embrace an inclusive working environment and be committed to acting with integrity and honesty in everything you do.
Required skills and competencies:
• Tenacity and resilience
• Proven experience in a sales environment eg new business wins – Essential
• Ability to build and manage relationships and pitch at the right level
• Strong commercial acumen with a focus on Margin
• A pro-active approach to sales, with a strong desire and ability to win, on board and grow commercial new business
• Experience of customer relationship management and developing a partnership sales approach
• The capability to interpret, understand and act upon financial data through numeric, commercial and verbal reasoning
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Proven sales track record
Experience with Salesforce and CRM would be advantageous, but not essential. Full training is given.
What you’ll get:
• A competitive salary
• Huge discount on all sorts of lovely food and award-winning products
• Generous holiday allowance, with option to purchase more
• Recognition awards and Incentives
• Real career opportunities – being part of Sysco, the world’s leading foodservice business, opens up a world of possibility
• And much more….
There’s a lot on offer, so what are you waiting for?
Bring your whole self to work. #BelongAtBrakes
At Brakes we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that celebrates and values diversity. We don’t want you to ‘fit’ our culture, we want you to help define it.
All job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
FEED YOUR AMBITION. DELIVER YOUR FUTURE
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency