Car Transport Planner
C £25,000 DOE
8am-6pm, Monday to Friday
* Do you have previous experience building loads and allocating work to drivers?
* Are you a confident and resilient communicator and pride yourself on your exceptional organisation skills?
* Are you looking for an opportunity to work your way up in a reputable Leicester-based business?
Eileen Richards Recruitment are excited to be working with our client who are an exciting and growing brand based in Leicester.
Our client are seeking an experienced Transport Planner for vehicle shipments who is highly motivated and driven while also used to working in a fast paced, busy environment.
Role & Responsibilities of the Car Transport Planner:
* Using manual planning methods to build loads and allocate drivers for car transporters.
* Utilising truck and driver to achieve best customer service levels
* Working alongside Tachograph Regulations and Working Time Directive to plan the drivers day efficiently
* Working closely alongside other planners and cover work as required
* Answering and responding to all incoming customer and driver telephone calls in a prompt, polite and professional manner.
* Liaise with drivers over the phone and face to face to resolve any issues that arise
* Looking at truck revenues/profitability
* Requesting vehicles from various collection points
* Book drivers in for collections from various sites
About You as the Car Transport Planner:
* Experience of Transport Planning for vehicle carriers is a must
* Manual Planning Experience
* Outstanding geographical knowledge
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships and deliver excellent customer service
* Strong PC literacy skills using multiple screens/software at any one time
* The ability to work and remain calm under pressure in a busy environment
* Highly motivated
* Flexible approach and team player
* Onsite Parking
* 21 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Room for progression for the right candidate
Please note by applying for this role you give consent for Eileen Richards Recruitment to retain your CV for up to 24 months for the purposes of assisting you to find your next role unless you notify us otherwise.
If you do not receive a response within five working days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Eileen Richards Recruitment are experienced within eight different sectors consisting of Accountancy and Finance, Construction, Customer Service & Onsite, Directors & Non-Executive, Human Resources, Office (including PA/EA), Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain & Procurement.
We look forward to helping you in your career in these sectors, so please send a copy of your CV to us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career in these sectors please feel free to refer them to us.
We look forward to hearing from you
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency