Care Assistant – Great Baddow
Location: Great Baddow
Salary: £9.30 per hour + 80p supplement
Working hours: 36 hours over 7 day rota NIGHTS ONLY
(Required to work alternate weekends – 2 week rolling rota)
• Nights – 8pm-8am – 12 hour shifts
Are you caring, compassionate and looking to make a difference to people lives?
Do you strive towards excellence and respect?
Then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a Caring, Kind, Compassionate and Thoughtful individuals to join our outstanding team as Care Assistants. Our Care Assistants are at the heart of our Homes and are integral part of our service. You will be working within a people-centred environment, providing first class care to our residents.
Based in picturesque parish village Great Baddow, Chelmsford our residents benefit from our carefully selected range of facilities, including a cinema, library, hair salon, spa treatment room, gym and activity room as well as access to beautiful landscaped gardens.
- Providing direct person centred care to all residents, promoting their individuality and dignity at all times.
- Ensuring their hygiene, elimination, mobility, physical comfort, eating and drinking needs are met.
- Reporting immediately to the nurse, any illness, accident or event incurred by a resident, colleague, self or visitor to the home
- Regularly undertaking observations of residents as determined in their care plans. To offer ongoing comfort to those who may be ill or requiring care at the end of their life and their supporters, ensuring that their religious or cultural needs are fulfilled
- 28 days annual leave (pro rata) – inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Pensions – One Housing is a sector-leader in the contributions we make to our colleagues’ pensions.
- Buying and selling annual leave – We know that getting the balance right between work and home life is a big part of supporting our colleagues’ wellbeing.
- Paid time off to volunteer in our communities.
- Season ticket loans
- A healthcare cashback plan – allowing you to claim back cash for you and your family’s routine healthcare.
- Colleague recognition scheme – we let you know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- One Academy – our innovative, in-house learning and development offering, designed to support with your personal and professional development.
- Study leave – up to five days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Career break – after three years’ continuous service.
- Good level of IT skills and literacy
- Be highly organised and able to work to conflicting and challenging deadlines
- Able to demonstrate specific knowledge of clinical care
- Care home or caring experience
- Willing to undertake further training
- Level 2 NVQ in Health and Social Care – desirable
Baycroft Great Baddow is the superb location chosen for this luxury home. Residents will be able to rely on 24-hour personalised care tailored to their individual requirements and help to ensure their move is as seamless as possible. Baycroft offers 4 different types of care including residential, nursing, dementia and respite. You will be able to work acro ss all units, to help develop your knowledge and get to know all types of residents.
Our aim is to develop a service adjusted to the individual needs of each resident and a place where they are proud to call home. We have luxury homes offering the highest levels of support to its residents through personalised Nursing and Dementia care
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply!
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work…… click apply for full job details
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Advertising Agency