Yes you read it right, we have an incredibly exciting opportunity for an experienced football writer to join our MyLondon team as a Chelsea Writer!
You will be responsible for finding and reporting on the stories and issues which matter to our sports fans in a way which ensures as many people as possible find, discover and respond to our work.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
Find and tell the biggest and best stories about Chelsea which engage as many readers as possible and shed new light on the goings on at Stamford Bridge to fans hungry for the latest news.
Build a community of readers online and in real life to discover and share your stories across social media and by word of mouth.
Be the public face of our Chelsea coverage across podcasts, video, TV and beyond.
Tell stories in many different ways, including but not limited to news stories, interviews, features, real-time live blogs (especially around matches and fan Q&A opportunities) in addition to video and podcasts.
The Ideal Candidate
What are we looking for?
First and foremost you need to have an encyclopedic knowledge of football and Chelsea
We want you to be passionate about digital storytelling in local journalism!
You will have strong digital publishing skills including working a CMS, shooting video, taking pictures
You will be experienced using social media with a track record of building communities
You will be NCTJ qualified or equivalent
A driving licence is preferable
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day- an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Flexibility – In this role, you’ll be fully remote-working (UK based) giving you more flexibility to balance home and life.
- Enhanced family leave- including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are a FTSE 250 Company, and also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels.
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency