Based in Tonbridge
£17,000 to £20,000
Our large client based in Tonbridge are looking for a number of claims handlers across various areas of the business.
This role is working within Escape of Water Claims Handling.
* Advising policyholders on general queries and insurance claims issues for relevant or related peril
* Building policy-holder confidence by developing rapport and listening to each and every policy holder specifically
* Checking that the policy covers the claims
* Taking a methodical approach to each claim and working through the processes with each policy holder
* Requesting and gathering documents and information from customers such as receipts, photographs or accident reports
* Arranging for payment to be made within authority levels
* Managing a portfolio of claims through prioritising by individual circumstances from set up to settlement
* Liaising between internal teams, third party suppliers and policy holders, ensuring that all are updated to ensure the smooth and timely progression of claims
* Performance of basic fraud checks, and escalating any fraud alerts or suspicious circumstances to the Counter Fraud team
* Managing multiple activities by prioritising important and urgent tasks whilst maintaining the focus on the policy holder
* Negotiating settlement of claims both verbally and in writing
* Assisting with overflow calls during peak times where necessary
* Constantly seeking improvements in how we deliver excellent customer service
* Experience of working in an insurance claims handling role is essential, whether from the repairs or the claims side.
* Ideally will have knowledge of the building repair process from drying through to completion, or good knowledge of the escape of water peril.
* Tact and assertiveness when dealing with customers who may be distressed or angry
* Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
* Ability to take on increased ownership and responsibility when necessary.
* Good spoken and written communication skills
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Excellent organisation and time management skills
* PC literate with good administrative skills.
Please apply online or contact Charlene at Hills Consultants for more information
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency