Claims Handler – Subsidence
Based in Tonbridge
£24,000 to £26,000
Our client based in Tonbridge are looking to recruit a Claims Handler within their Subsidence team.
You will be responsible for providing full lifecycle claims handling and act as the primary customer contact in managing a portfolio of Subsidence claims.
* Advising policyholders on general queries and insurance claims issues for subsidence and underground pipes claims
* Building policyholder confidence by developing rapport through effective communication.
* Validating each claim against policy coverage.
* Taking a methodical approach to each claim and working through the processes with each policyholder
* Requesting and gathering documents and information from customers such as receipts, photographs or accident reports and storing them on the claim file.
* Arranging for payment to be made within authority levels.
* Managing a portfolio of claims through prioritising by individual circumstances from set up to settlement.
* Liaising between internal teams, third party suppliers and policy holders, ensuring that all are updated to ensure the smooth and timely progression of claims.
* Performance of basic fraud checks, and escalating any fraud alerts or suspicious circumstances to the Counter Fraud team.
* Managing multiple activities by prioritising important and urgent tasks whilst maintaining the focus on the policyholder.
* Negotiating settlement of claims both verbally and in writing.
* Assisting with overflow calls during peak times where necessary.
* Constantly seeking improvements in how we deliver excellent customer service.
* Ensuring that SLA’s and KPI’s are met and maintained consistently.
* To continuously demonstrate the company values and embody this through all work practices
* Provide input to the development of the business including system, process and supplier management
* Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an insurance Subsidence Claims Handling role or another claims handling role
* Excellent communication skills – demonstrated through written, oral and personal engagement with customers, experts, clients and professional bodies.
* Excellent organisation, planning, personal management and prioritisation skills.
* Self-confident, inner brief in his/her own abilities and the Trinity claims proposition and values
* Excellent analytical skills, distil data from many conflicting sources (expert reports, customer opinion, surveyor report) to form a claim strategy and engage it.
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Excellent organisation and time management skills
* PC literate with good administrative skills.
For more information please contact Charlene at Hills Consultants
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency