Reporting to: Senior Data & Analytics Manager
Based: East Croydon
Finding your fit at The Gym is what we are all about and we’re guessing it’s what brought you here! We’re always encouraging people to take the first step and challenge themselves and you would be crazy to miss this opportunity to join our amazing Tech Team as Commercial Analyst. So, what’s stopping you? Apply today!
What you need to know about us…
We’re not like any other Gym company we are THE GYM, a place where everyone can find their fit and be their best.We hire real people with real passion, whose positivity and enthusiasm motivate and innovate. Our teams are friendly and engaging and they thrive in an environment where they have the flexibility to be awesome and to continuously develop and improve themselves!
We actively invest in our people… don’t believe us? Check out our big shiny “Investors In People” gold award… now you don’t see that every day!We are really proud of our teams and we promise to push them to challenge their limits and celebrate with them when they achieve new goals. They work hard, they deliver results and they reap the rewards.
By membership we are the 2nd largest gym business in the UK and the 4th largest in Europe.We are the only publicly listed UK health and fitness operator.
What you need to know about the role…
As a business, we have a growing array of data generated from a range of internal & external sources. Our commercial analytical opportunities include generating value from Customer Analytics, Pricing Management, and Promotional effectiveness. More excitingly, a focus on advanced analytics and data science has created potential to generate significant increases in data breadth, volume & velocity across the business. We are a growing organisation that delivers innovative data-driven products and services for our customers. We have the ambition to explore and acquire new internal & external data sources and use advanced statistical techniques to deliver an exciting set of data & analytics solutions. As a Commercial Analyst, you’ll be responsible for developing and enhancing our Commercial Insight capability. You’ll work closely with internal stakeholders, predominantly the Head of Commercial to help us achieve our revenue targets with a clear focus on pricing architecture & incrementality testing. This would be a fantastic opportunity for you if you are an experienced Data Analyst/Manager who would like to support this exciting area of the business and further your career. This is also an exciting opportunity for you to be a part of a leading UK health & fitness business.
- Work with the commercial team to prioritise roadmaps based on opportunity value
- Prepare data sets to enable effective analysis
- Deliver crisp, high quality reporting and analytics to provide actionable insights across the business
- Manage and where appropriate lead projects based on business needs
- Work closely with data engineering, data science and data visualisation team members
- Help the Data & AI function to deliver advanced analytics and predictive models Play a significant role to help grow our overall reporting/analytics capability
- Work on a mixture of ad-hoc, tactical and strategic initiatives
- Partner with key stakeholders from different departments to collect and deliver business requirements
- Constantly be challenging the ROI of key commercial decisions
So let us tell you what we are looking for…
To enrich our great team, we are looking for a Commercial Analyst, someone who is passionate and curious about all things data.
- You will be a problem solver and someone who has commercial experience in data / BI / reporting / analytics.
- You are fluent in both Excel & SQL with some data visualisation skills and someone who can work with multiple business requests and use data to deliver meaningful insights in a fast-paced commercial environment.
- You will have worked in data analytics for the past few years, ideally bringing with you some pricing experience.
Ideally you will have
- Demonstratable experience of using data to solve business problems in a commercial environment
- Experience of working with large data sets to deliver insights & business value
- Expert-level proficiency in SQL and Excel (essential)
- Experience of pricing strategy, testing and execution
- Effective communication skills and ability to work with different teams – this position will partner with Commercial, Finance, Marketing, HR and Operations departments – the ability to communicate and articulate insights is a key requirement
- Some hands-on experience with data visualisation tools (ideally PowerBI) (desirable) Degree in maths, statistics or computer science (desirable)
- Stakeholder management – ability to translate and communicate results to non-technical members of staff and senior stakeholders; work closely with extended data team (e.g…… click apply for full job details
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Company