Commercial Underwriter – Borehamwood, Hertfordshire
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000
Our well established client, based in Hertfordshire are specialists in Second Charge, Bridging, Development finance, Commercial and Complex buy-to-let mortgages and loans.
They are currently seeking an experienced Underwriter to join their team.
As a Commercial Underwriter, you will be responsible for managing a caseload to maximise loan completions and new business. Attaining the highest standards of regulatory compliance and customer satisfaction.
The successful Mortgage Underwriter will be responsible for:
- Assessing and providing credit decisions on live cases
- Reviewing lending policies
- Working closely with the managing directors to ensure business improvement
- Help maintain and encourage intermediary relationships
- Management and support of case managers
Skills & Experience
- Underwriting Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Experience working within a specialist lender or bank within the Mortgage lending/development/bridging department
- Experience of manual underwriting
- Good knowledge of the mortgage industry
- CeMap qualified, or in agreement to sign up to the CeMap training in order to qualify
What you get in Return
- A generous basic salary + OTE
- Private medical healthcare
- Company pension
- Dental plan
- Summer & Christmas parties
GCSE or equivalent (Preferred)
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
Employment Type Any
Advertiser Type Agency