About the Senior Underwriter- Commercial Mortgages role:
Our client is a growing, innovative Challenger Bank with a strong appetite to lend supported by an existing geographic footprint, competitive product offering & growing lending book. As part of the next stage of their growth journey they are looking for a Senior Underwriter with Commercial Mortgages and ideally BTL & Commercial Investment experience.
Purpose of the Senior Underwriter – Commercial Mortgages role;
The Senior Underwriter – Commercial Mortgageswill underwrite Commercial Mortgage, BTL and Commercial investment applications in line with the company lending policy and manage applications through to completion of the loan. Reporting to the manager, the principal interfaces will be with all Underwriter Colleagues, Risk Management, Brokers and Lending Officer colleagues, with a lending mandate from £500,000 to £1,250,000.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Underwriter – Commercial Mortgages:
• Ability to adopt a pragmatic approach to underwriting loan mortgage applications in line with approved lending mandate.
• To understand and analyse key items such as credit searches, bank statements, financial accounts, property valuations and business appraisals in order to make informed lending decisions.
• Ability to assess the applicant’s portfolio, where applicable, in line with the PRA requirements.
• To deliver high levels of accuracy and attention to detail in data input and all written communication produced.
• Ability to develop a rationale for those cases outside of own lending mandate or company lending policy and communicate findings to Credit Risk department for their consideration.
• To build successful working relationships with external contacts such as brokers, customers, surveyors and solicitors as well as internal teams such as administrators, lending officers, credit risk and finance to ensure all lending requirements are satisfied prior to release of funds.
• Ability to work efficiently whilst maintaining accuracy and a high quality of work under pressure in order to meet tight deadlines.
• To effectively manage a pipeline of cases through to completion, ensuring both company service standards and the lending policy is complied with throughout.
• Ensure a good understanding of all the company’s policies, procedures and compliance guidelines, installing the principles in your daily practice to protect the company from any associated risks.
• To embrace the principles of treating customers fairly and responsible lending in all decision making
Skills & Experience of the Senior Underwriter – Commercial Mortgages
• Previous experience of underwriting both BTL and Commercial mortgages is essential.
• Good knowledge and understanding of legal conveyancing.
• Knowledge of TCF and compliance procedures within the mortgage industry.
• Able to demonstrate an understanding of financial accounts, valuations, business appraisals and credit searches
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency