It is a really exciting time to join the Reach family. Due to our sustained growth and our ambitious future growth plans, we are now looking for an experienced Content Editor to cover Hull and the Humber region.
You will be part of the team leading our reporters to deliver content which informs, inspires, and entertains our readers. This includes managing content, developing the team and ensuring audience targets are delivered every month.
You will be an experienced Content Desk journalist or a senior reporter ready for the next step in your career. Above all, we are looking for someone with energy, ideas and a passion for generating content which will help us continue to grow our audience.
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, Chronicle Live and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
Hull Live is one of Reach’s leading brands, a multi-award winning online news and sport platform providing unrivalled coverage of Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire. We also publish the Hull Daily Mail, Yorkshire’s best selling newspaper.
- Producing content which engages readers and reaches as many people as possible.
- Publish content online, and ensure Reach’s digital publishing standards are met at all times
- Ensure IPSO standards are met and every piece of content is legally sound
- Manage home pages and audience engagement channels (social, newsletters etc) as and when required
- Mentor and develop reporters and others reporting directly in
- Taking accountability for the fair and consistent application of all our people policies, procedures and processes.
- Fostering a high-performance culture by setting clear expectations and having in-the-moment performance discussions.
- Developing a culture of trust, where people are safe to speak up, clear on their role in the team’s success and empowered to be their best at work.
- Rewarding and recognising great performance, celebrating people’s achievements and successes.
- Ensuring the continued development of team members, supporting them to reach their full potential.
- Acting as a role model and taking a lead on change initiatives to support the group’s strategy and our employees.
The Ideal Candidate
- First-class content editing experience or an experienced senior reporter ready for the next step
- Strong people management skills
- Digital publishing skills
- Social media skills
- Passion for digital storytelling in local journalism
- NCTJ or equiv qualification
- Deep knowledge of media law
- Communication, including written, face-to-face, presentation skills and the ability to cascade consistent messages for maximum impact.
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day– an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Flexibility – In this role, you’ll be fully remote-working (UK based) giving you more flexibility to balance home and life. We’ll support you with your home set-upEnhanced family leave- including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are a FTSE 250 Company, and also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels.
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency