Customer Service Administrator – Debt Team
Are you looking to enhance or gain experience in both Customer Service and Administration? Do you enjoy helping others?
If so, we would like to hear from you.
We have varied, exciting and challenging roles available within our Counter Fraud and Compliance Directorate (CFCD) team. Our aim is to drive down the level of fraud, error and debt within the benefit system, to protect the public purse, as well as protecting those most vulnerable in our society.
As a Customer Service Administrator (Debt Officer), you will be at the heart of our front-line operations, assisting our customers by providing a high quality, empathetic service. As part of a supportive team, you’ll be listening to customers and agreeing suitable solutions – you’ll be able to make a real difference.
If you want to join somewhere that recognises the importance of work-life balance, where you can learn new skills and progress your career, then CFCD is the place for you.
Come and join the CFCD team today!
PLEASE VISIT CIVIL SERVICE JOBS TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
What will you be doing?
* providing excellent customer service over the phone, through inbound and outbound telephone calls and via correspondence
* dealing effectively and professionally with enquiries from customers and organisations
* often acting as the first point of contact for our customers, you will be negotiating the repayment of debt and loans by telephone
* communicating clearly and concisely, respecting diversity at all times
* ensuring information and data is recorded accurately and that case records are up to date
As a Customer Service Administrator (Debt Officer) you will:
* Be able to work effectively both alone and within a team – treat colleagues with respect, display integrity, support others and act as a positive role model
* Have effective communication skills – take personal responsibility for providing outstanding customer service
* Be willing to learn – you will receive high-quality, tailored training in DWP’s digital systems, policies, and procedures
* Be adaptable – have a positive and flexible attitude, able to be proactive and problem solve
* Have good attention to detail
With great benefits including:
* Generous annual leave – 23.5 days on entry, increasing up to 30 days over time (pro-rata), plus bank holidays and one days leave for the Queen’s Birthday
* Training and apprenticeships and up to 5 days’ personal development & learning allowance
* Flexible working
* Employee discount schemes
* Free wellbeing support
* Opportunities to make a real difference through joining forums, initiatives & charities
* Interest free travel loans
* Vodafone advantage discount scheme
* Highly sought after civil service pension
Successful candidates will be subjected to Disclosure Barring Service and referencing checks as per Civil Service requirements. We welcome applications from full and part time candidates. For more information about how to apply and the roles, please visit civil service jobs
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency