About the Role
Our Customer Service Representatives are responsible for delivering world-class service to our customers.
We believe that the secret to a positive member experience is the investment in our people and culture. Our aim is to communicate with our customers on their terms, through local teams, in local languages. We want to know our customers, own our relationships with them, predict their needs and meet them proactively. We ensure our members get the healthcare they need with maximum value.
Customer Representatives are naturally caring and empathetic but also keen problem solvers who take ownership of customer needs using their extensive knowledge, training, expertise and passion to navigate customers through their healthcare journey.
Your typical day will include
- Dealing effectively with the incoming emails and post, including all queries and complaints to be actioned and escalated as appropriate according to Complaints Procedure.
- Answering the telephone, making relevant system notes and subsequently passing calls to appropriate members of the team
- Processing individual applications and renewals, issuing supporting documents in accordance with agreed time and service standards.
- Assisting with the production and distribution of group and corporate member’s documents
- Liaising closely with the Finance Department in respect of payments received and ensure that all customer data is stored securely in accordance with Company and FCA regulations.
- You’ll work closely with Client Membership, Underwriting, Finance and Claims department and externally, Brokers, Underwriters and Customers.
What you’ll need
- Previous experience in a customer service environment, preferably in an insurance company, service provider or health insurer – but not essential.
- Strong administration skills PC and Database Literate.
- Customer-focused communication skills – high level of verbal and written communication.
- Organized and able to prioritise and have pride in attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-motivation with an ability to work on your own initiative
- A passion for providing outstanding customer experience
- Effective collaboration and team working
- A high degree accuracy and a keen eye for detail
- Fluency in English written and verbal skills
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
- 7% Company Pension
- Private healthcare + discounted lifestyle benefits
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Eyecare voucher
- Life Insurance
- Income protection insurance
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays – rising to 30 days after 5 years!
- We’ll help you grow by providing support for your professional development
- Fresh fruit and drinks
- Monthly employee appreciation lunches
- Social activities – we work hard but like to have fun too!
- Well-being initiatives to keep you healthy
Aetna is a leading diversified health care benefits company, serving an estimated 44 million people. We offer industry-leading information, tools and resources to help people achieve their best possible health.
Aetna’s global business, Aetna International, is one of the world’s largest and most prominent providers, with more than 650,000 members worldwide and a direct settlement network of over 125,000 hospitals and clinics. A Fortune 5 company, Aetna (part of CVS Health) is the third largest health care benefits company in the United States.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare across the globe. We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
As well as some excellent benefits and a fantastic working environment, we will give you the space to grow and provide you with opportunities to learn new skills to keep you developing personally and professionally.
Join us and help turn health ambitions into achievements.
We’d love to hear from you, so don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or find us on Facebook!
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency