AFEX is a trusted global payment and risk management solutions specialist with a heritage that dates back to 1979. We offer a comprehensive range of global payment and foreign exchange services, including foreign currency drafts, wire transfers, risk management tools with designated Account Executives. We can handle every aspect of a client’s foreign payment needs, from risk consultation to transaction execution.
We are currently hiring for a Business Analyst to work in our office in London.
This role is responsible for the extraction, assimilation and reporting of financial and sales data as required. This will then enable the organization to further understand sales performance, KPIs and the AFEX client base.
This information will be utilized to assist with development of new management information (MI) requirements, documenting MI reporting procedures, assisting with improvement of excel based routines, evaluating/improving MI procedures and the provision of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to the business.
The role forms part of the Global Business Intelligence team and will report directly to the Commercial Analytics Manager.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist the Commercial Analytics Manager in the extraction and manipulation of data to the specifications required by the business
- Regular reconciliation and validation of the BI team’s daily reporting
- Liaise with the Sales Managers to gather requirements for future projects and to ensure alignment of strategic goals
- Maintain existing dashboard reports, assisting the Sales team with any queries or troubleshooting issues.
- Provide proactive advice to the Sales Management Team around worrisome trends and missed opportunities as well as any recognizable retention issues
- There will also be cross department projects to which you will be expected to work on (Compliance/Credit/Sales/Finance/Operations)
- Assist with any overflow of tasks from other members of the BI team
Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent communication, presentation and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Strong IT skills are essential for this role, proficient in Microsoft Excel (the ability to create pivot tables & reference formulas)
- Analytical mind, must be detail-oriented, capable of multi-tasking, highly motivated individual with sound business integrity.
- Be able to meet tight deadlines and can show excellent levels of organisation.
- Must have high numerical aptitude and preferably possess a Statistics or Quantitative Analysis based qualification
- Working to high level of accuracy
- Any exposure to a similarly aligned industry would be highly regarded e.g. Financial Markets, Banking, Insurance, Accounting etc..
- A confident, ambitious, analytical and inquisitive manor is essential.
“AFEX is committed to offer equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to their race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or military or veteran status. AFEX complies with all applicable laws governing discrimination and harassment in employment in every location and jurisdiction in which the Company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training.
Please refer to our Applicant Privacy Notice for additional information about AFEX’s compliance with applicable privacy and data protection legislation and regulation during the recruitment process. The Applicant Privacy Notice is available on our Company website”
Employment Type Any
Advertiser Type Agency