Dealership Accountant – Barnetts Volkswagen Dundee
42 hours Dundee Full Time Apply Now
Rare Management Opportunity
Barnetts Volkswagen – Dundee
Highly Competitive Salary Depending on Experience + Company Car
Thank you for your interest in working with Eastern Western Motor Group. We work with some of the world’s best loved brands. If you haven’t already, please browse around our company website and immerse yourself in our company’s history and read up on our brands. As we start to drive your aspirations to accessing a career here with us at Eastern Western Motor Group, you will really get to understand just why our staff and customers are indeed so passionate about all things Eastern Western!
This is an amazing opportunity to work for a family run company who value their employees and in return provide state of the art working facilities, competitive salary packages, benefits and industry leading training. We work with 14 brands across 35 sites with just over 1500 employees.
What does the job of the Dealership Accountant entail?
- Timeous production of accurate management accounting data and reports.
- Ensure the continuing training and development of self and team.
- Responsible for day to day management and supervision of administration team.
- Liaise with non-financial managers to ensure their understanding / aid the production of the branch accounts and cash flows.
- Ensure the accurate maintenance of proper books of account.
- Assist in the recruitment, selection, development and performance management of junior staff.
- Involvement in both Group and Branch ad hoc project work.
- Supervision of credit control process.
- Production of quarterly VAT Report.
- Production of monthly nominal ledger account validations and reconciliations.
- Supervision of branch banking and petty cash
- Ensure the maintenance of the branch fixed asset register.
- Supervision of periodic stock checks.
- Timeous calculation of monthly commissions/bonuses
- Ensure the timeous delivery of completed timesheets to Group Payroll Department.
- Preparation of annual audit schedules and tax analysis.
- Assistance with any other task as directed
- Manufacturer bonus reconcilliations
- Meet manufacturer monthly deadlines
What are we looking for in the Dealership Accountant?
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience in a managerial role within the motor trade
- Results orientated
- Financial awareness
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- People management
- Proactive / Creative
- Leads by example
- Committed to providing high quality work
- Ability to work to deadlines
- PC literate
In addition we offer first class employee benefits scheme such as:
- Employee discount scheme with 1600 high street/online retailers
- Option to staff savings scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Excellent discounts on new and used car purchases
- Company pension
- 30 days annual leave which increases with length of service
- Training/Career development
- Family days out
- Staff Intro referral scheme
Employment Type Any
Advertiser Type Agency