We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-starting individual to manage projects in an evolving and dynamic Cyber and Defence organisation. Due to the success of a number of strategic Gloucestershire based programmes, we are growing and require a motivated individual to lead and manage software deliveries through the entire lifecycle of requirements through to continuous iterative deliveries.
The role of the Delivery Team is to provide financial guidance, tasking, understanding and advice across specialist deliveries relevant to the customer’s mission. This is an operational role, which requires an understanding of a variety of project and delivery management tools and techniques as well as a varying degree of knowledge of the customer’s domain in order to understand and provide relevant assistance to improve their ways of working or to assist in developing solutions.
A Delivery Manager will take full responsibility for the definition, approach, facilitation and satisfactory completion of medium-scale / medium-complexity projects (typically with direct business impact and firm deadlines) within any cost/time constraints.
Different thinking for a Different world
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to government and commercial customers worldwide. In Northrop Grumman’s rapidly growing UK Cyber and Intelligence business, we support our customers’ work to make the UK the safest place to live and do business, both physically and online.
Working with and alongside our customers, we use modern software engineering methods (Agile LEAN/Scrum/Scaled),and cutting edge techniques to tackle complex and challenging problems and deliver cost effective, reliable, supportable solutions.
At Northrop Grumman we pride ourselves on our ability to combine agile development with sound engineering and security practices to ensure that our solutions are robust and resilient; designed and built to start secure and stay secure against ever evolving cyber security threats. As well as designing for security, Information Assurance and legal / policy compliance, we actively assess products and services, identifying vulnerabilities and weaknesses that could be exploited by cyber attackers, and we create and run exercises to pit cyber security specialists against secure systems and each other.
We carry out research and innovation locally in the UK, with commercial and academic partners, and across our 85,000+ worldwide workforce.
How you will make a difference
The main tasks and responsibilities of this role is as follows:
• Responsible for the end to end delivery of technical software projects to agreed schedules, cost and quality criteria.
• Responsible for efficiently delivering research, software development and integration projects with the ability to manage multiple work streams concurrently.
• Manage governance (milestones, finance, dependencies, risks, issues & opportunities, reporting).
• Collaborative Stakeholder management & engagement across clients, team-mates, dependencies & suppliers.
• Responsible for building and maintaining a high-performing team, ensuring they are motivated, collaborating and working well.
• Responsible for leading bid teams within existing frameworks.
Key criteria required…
• Proven experience in a Delivery/Project Management roles, with evidence of collaborative working.
• Recent experience supporting IT/Software/Cyber projects in Government or similar organisations.
• Experience delivering projects within the contracting constraints, including to time, budget and quality for T&M and FP contracts.
• Strong analytical as well as verbal and written communications skills.
• Capable of dealing with conflicting priorities between different specialist groups.
• Ability to communicate effectively at different levels within the organisation, which includes a full spectrum of senior management, through to operations personnel.
• Skills in influencing and negotiation methods and techniques.
• An adaptive style in being able to communicate technical ideas in simple terms to multiple stakeholders.
Also, we’d love it if you have experience of…
• Experience of UK Government civil and/or MOD working practices, including PRINCE2, Agile Project Management (APM) and Managing Successful Programmes (MSP).
• An understanding of available and emerging Cyber technologies relevant to government.
• Experience of leading bids within commercial frameworks.
• Experience in any of the following: Agile development, Application Development, Secure mobility and Secure Enterprise IT, Cloud, Software, Cyber Defence, Integration and/or test, other Cyber technology and Cyber Operations areas.
If you can do all this and more, you’ll enjoy a growing career as we work hard to continuously innovate the world of cyber security.
Additional information for your consideration…
You must hold and maintain UK Government clearances
Opportunities exist across the UK to enhance your career progression
Being a part of Northrop Grumman gives you the opportunity to use your skills to make a difference in our mission of enabling global security. Our company grows because of our employees’ dedication and commitment to achieving our mission, something we always remember. In return for working for us you will have access to a benefits package that provides you with flexibility to balance your professional career with your personal life, health & well-being benefits, discount schemes, pension benefits and investment in your future development.
We are committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s protected status, including race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency