£525pd | Outside IR35 | Southend-On-Sea (remote for now) | Immediate start | SC clearance
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented DevOps Engineer to join a major Public Sector programme, working on secure, at-scale digital service deliveries with a DevOps culture.
The DevOps engineer will be required to contribute to version-controlled configuration assets within a DevOps team’s existing fully automated continuous deployment solution, to diagnose and troubleshoot infrastructure and deployment issues and work collaboratively as part of the wider organization.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Promote best practice and adherence to the C&IT Collaborative DevOps Framework
- Contribute to the full automation of services and infrastructure deployment within that Framework
- Maintain the integrity of version controlled artifacts and configuration
- Develop effective working relationships with development teams both internal to HMRC and with 3rd Party suppliers
- Adhere to best practice while also refining and challenging where appropriate
- Display excellent troubleshooting and diagnosis of complex multi-server architectures
- Support the deployment and integration of cross government IT systems
- Have experience of installing and managing open source products for server orchestration, monitoring and server hardening
- Have the ability to research and learn new programming tools and techniques
- Be comfortable working in a fully configuration managed environment
- Be familiar working within an Agile working environment
- Develop and maintain lightweight systems documentation
- Provide mentorship and knowledge transfer to internal team members
Skills & Experience:
- Active SC clearance
- Experience in Linux Systems Administration, predominantly in a RHEL environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to tailor details to business and technical audiences. Demonstrate strong written, verbal and white boarding skills.
- Experience with continuous integration, automated deployment, testing and relevant tooling. Knowledge and use of Ansible would hugely beneficial, though understanding of any orchestration tooling and/or configuration management principles and a willingness to learn will be considered.
- Coding and Scripting expertise with knowledge of Python, Perl, Java, Ruby, and Shell. Expert knowledge in one or two of these is necessary. Python is most preferable.
- Must have familiarity and skill with the more common version controls tools. Ideally experience with Github/Gitlab but demonstration of version controls principles (ie branching strategies) is more important.
- Experience with virtualisation and cloud deployments
- Must have a firm grasp on the technical aspects of troubleshooting software errors.
- Development Methodology – Familiarity with processes and standards, such as ITIL and DevOps philosophy.
- Experience of working in agile software delivery teams.
- Experience of using JIRA/Atlassian tools.
- Willingness to take ownership, be held accountable and achieve a good outcome for all stakeholders through effective collaboration
- Good attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communications with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
This is an urgent requirement and my client is looking to move quickly for the right DevOps Engineer (potential start date as early as next week!).
Please direct any questions to Ashleigh Roberts at Berkeley Square IT ( (see below) ) or apply now for immediate consideration.
Employment Type Contract
Advertiser Type Agency