EMMS International is a non-denominational Christian non-governmental organisation (NGO) that with partners in Malawi, India and Nepal to improve health and healthcare there. We are now looking for a Director of Fundraising to join our team. This position offers a remote-working opportunity, 35 hours per week along with a salary of up to £58,223 per annum, a pension scheme, life assurance and 40 days holiday including 10 public and additional holidays.
You will be leading the strategy, building, reviewing and developing it to meet the needs of EMMS International’s overall strategy. The postholder plays a critical role in shaping the future of EMMS International, promoting an inspiring vision for philanthropy in EMMS and its networks, and overseeing all private fundraising.
As Director of Fundraising at EMMS International, your responsibilities will include:
* Strategy support, working with the CEO, Director of Finance and Board of Trustees to develop the strategy and the charity with particular consideration of private income generation.
* Leadership of the team, running appeals, leading production of all external publications and digital communications, including the website, ensuring the charity is fully equipped to establish a diversified and sustainable income base.
* Developing and implementing strategies that underpin the charity’s strategic goals, to bring in at least £687k of private income (at least £247k unrestricted and at least £440k restricted).
* Maximising income from a range of different sources including major donors, trusts and foundations, regular giving, appeals, events and community fundraising.
* Ensuring all funding applications are closely aligned to the strategic objectives and priorities of EMMS International.
* Researching, testing and, where appropriate, developing new ideas and opportunities for income generation.
* Creating and delivering an effective communications strategy and plan to build brand awareness, foster supporter engagement and attract new supporters.
* Managing the major gifts pipeline and take full responsibility for a portfolio of existing and potential major donors, nurturing strong relationships, developing, and implementing strategies to negotiate and secure major gifts.
* Being the main point of contact for both major donors and major donor prospects, adopting a proactive approach to identify, develop, and build a strong community of potential donors.
* Preparing regular management information reports on all aspects of the organisation’s activities, including performance against income generation targets and KPIs for the postholder’s own use, for the Leadership Team and for the Board of Trustees.
* Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of the external funding environment, identifying trends, and creating an environment that encourages innovative and ambitious fundraising.
* Keeping up to date and complying with current legislation and standards.
At EMMS International, we are looking for a Director of Fundraising who has the following skills and experiences:
* Proven ability to contribute effectively in strategic and operational decision-making.
* Evidence of leadership ability, to inspire, develop, and lead a team to be high-performing.
* A strong understanding of external communications.
* A strong knowledge of or proven ability to learn fast on international development.
* Excellent understanding of the fundraising mix.
* Ability to create ambitious, cost-effective strategies and campaigns.
* Experience gaining major gifts, sustaining a portfolio of funding relations.
* Evidence of ability in face-to-face asking.
* A creative and strategic approach to audience engagement and donor cultivation.
* Experience of building and maintaining positive working relations with stakeholders.
* Ability to manage time efficiently, delivering to deadline and balancing priorities.
* Excellent presentation, influencing and negotiating skills.
* Able to engage colleagues and board in donor cultivation.
* Knowledge of UK charitable giving, data protection, Codes of Practice.
* Proficient in working with a customer database, including Raiser’s Edge.
It is an occupational requirement working with EMMS International within the provisions of the Equality Act 2010 that the Director of Fundraising is a practising Christian, as the role involves regularly leading and contributing to team prayer meetings and other spiritual activities of a Christian nature.
The nature of this post is such that it will require some international and UK travel to support development and grow the charity’s reputation. The charity currently operates in Malawi, Nepal, India and Edinburgh.
To apply for this role, please click apply online and upload an updated copy of your CV
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency