Our client, Gov Facility Services Ltd are recruiting an Electrical Site Supervisor on a permanent basis.
You will be responsible for leading and managing the shift to deliver planned maintenance, reactive maintenance and other support as required in order to meet sites short term and long-term goals and objectives. You will be based onsite at: HMP Wormwood Scrubs – London W12
This is an active and visible role requiring excellent customer relationship and supplier management skills. Working as part of a team within the business, the role holder will be expected to contribute in a positive manner to the performance of the business.
Duties will include but won’t be limited to:
– To be responsible for ensuring all electrical and other systems as required by the site manager, are maintained in alignment with the service specification, industry best practice and regulatory requirements including business led compliance activities.
– To take accountability for the supervision of all staff within their area of responsibility and other site staff as required providing direction on the work for the day and that relevant work area is maintained to a high standard.
– To be responsible for managing and supervising subcontractors as required by the business.
– Ensure all activities are effectively prioritised in-line with local procedures ensuring workload/regime is delivered escalating issues to the Site Manager when required
– Undertake staff appraisals providing relevant performance information to Line Managers
– To take accountability for the effective management of the tool inventory and maintain security standards within the work area
– To take accountability for ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation and company policy including undertaking the role of Fire Warden and/or First Aider as required
Skills and Abilities:
– Electrician qualified to C&G 2367 or 2357 (Electrical Installation) and NVQ level 3 in Electrical Installations or equivalent.
– Must have a certificate in BS7671 – The Requirements for Electrical Installations, 17th or 18th Edition.
– Five years’ experience as an electrician or equivalent
– Experience working on commercial or industrial electrical, building services
– Ability to influence people who are not part of your team
– IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Word
– Essential Knowledge of relevant health and safety requirements Experience of project management and change management
– Experience of supervising staff and 3rd parties essential
– Knowledge of routine preventive maintenance
– Relevant professional qualifications (facilities management/project management
– Up to date First Aid at Work Qualification
If successful you will receive:
– Competitive Salary
– 25 Statutory Holidays + 8 Bank Holidays
– Excellent Pension Scheme
– Sick Pay (Depending on Length of Service)
– Annual Performance Award
– Charity Days
– Thank you, Scheme
About Our Client:
Gov Facilities Services Ltd provide Facilities Management Services, such as cleaning, reactive maintenance, landscaping and planned building repair work to 52 Prison Establishments across Greater London, Kent & Sussex, South West and the East of England.
To be able to work for our client, it is essential that you have the ability to pass the Enhanced Level 1 (EL1) or Enhanced Level 2 (EL2) HMPPS Security Vetting process. If you are successful at interview, then this will involve attending a separate appointment at the prison.
If you already hold a current EL1 or EL2, previous CTC clearance or have worked in that environment before, we are looking to speak to you!
If you meet the above criteria and want to be considered for this excellent opportunity, please send your CV via the link provided. Shortlisting will commence with immediate effect.
SkyBlue Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring that all hiring decisions are based on competence, performance and business needs. By applying for this role, you are agreeing to our privacy statement which can be found on (url removed)
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency