Engineering Manager / Service Manager
£40,000 – £55,000 + benefits
Kent / South East
This well-established Fire & Security specialist business has created a new role for an experienced Engineering Manager / Service Manager to lead an Engineering department of 35 staff, focusing on Fire Maintenance and Remedial services.
The company has long-established partnerships with a prestigious and critical client base and as a result has been able to continue to succeed throughout the turbulent 2020, and is accelerating growth through acquisition. As a result a new position has been created requiring an experienced Engineering Manager to take the reins and ensure the Service Engineering team continues to deliver and meet the expectations and needs of its customers.
You’ll have a base in Kent but will be required to spend approximately 50% of your time in the field with Engineers, visiting sites and clients, and will be required to travel in and around London.
This is what you’ll be doing as Engineering Manager
- Managing and mentoring the Service Engineering Team to ensure that clear and precise goals/targets are met, or exceeded
- Reviewing the processes, procedures, performance, resourcing and targets regularly to ensure that all growth and customer service KPI’s are met and exceeded.
- Manage individual and team performance, through reviews and appraisals, setting key personal development objectives in line with the company and department strategy
- Monitor and review quality of delivery
- Attend Senior Management Meetings to present new and forward-thinking strategies for the development of the business
- Use a pro-active approach towards improvement, growth, resourcing and commercial understanding for all staff, whilst demonstrating a ‘Lead by Example’ attitude to staff.
- Educate the Service Engineering Teams on the importance of dealing with ‘Life Safety & Security Systems’, how to prioritise, and deliver the appropriate response
- Assist with client visits when required, and prepare reports, in requested format
- Ensure that the day to day operations of the Engineering service team, Supervisors and Senior Engineers are managed in a commercially efficient manner.
- Receive and process escalated client queries, to ensure a proper and efficient service is rendered.
- Update maintain service processes under the companies ISO procedures. Ensure that all current legislation is adhered to strictly, including but not limited to Waste Management, Industry legislation, health & Safety, GDPR etc.
- Ensure that the department regularly provides audits of sites, engineering quality and successful job completion.
- Join the escalation team and be available to provide telephone support and assistance to the engineering team. (This may occasionally require site attendance in urgent situations)
- Implement efficiency measures and maximise the financial return for the company
- Ensure regular client/site contact with to ensure that strong client relationships are maintained
- Work/Liaise with the tech support engineers and tech resource team where necessary to effect repairs and fault rectification in a timely manner.
- Demonstrating a very high standard of customer service, returning calls and generally keeping clients informed of service/installation/commissioning activities and system status.
The experience you’ll bring to the team
· Proven experience leading a Service Engineering team and strong leadership skills
· A high level of technical competency for fire systems – e.g. Kentec, Gent, Morley, Siemens, Hochiki
· A good level of computer literacy
· Strong customer focus
· Full UK Driving Licence
And this is what you’ll get in return
· Salary £40,000 – £55,000 depending on experience
· Company pension – 5&3%
· 25 days holiday + bank holidays
· Company Car
· Laptop and Mobile
· Company/Performance bonus
· Proven career development prospects
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful as Engineering Manager in this role apply now.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying – then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities…… click apply for full job details
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Advertising Agency