Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job location: Wolverhampton, UK (WV9 5EU)
Cargill’s European poultry business is a leading supplier of food products to retail, foods service and food manufacturing customers in both European and global markets. By combining global market knowledge and experience with local market understanding and insight, Cargill’s European poultry business is committed to expanding its business and markets through innovation, and by creating real customer and consumer value in its products and services.
The Engineering Team Leader will support the Engineering Management team by providing ‘front-line’ operational management of the on-shift Engineering department at the Wolverhampton site. The position holder will ensure the multi-skilled team deliver reactive, preventative and predictive maintenance as required, propose improvement in maintenance job plans and procedures and ensure Health and Safety, quality and hygiene standards are met, ensuring a reliable operation. Troubleshooting and problem analysis skills are essential, as is working closely and communicating effectively with production teams to ensure goals are achieved.
- Ensure the computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) system is utilised correctly to provide engineers and managers information on plant performance and advise where operational focus should be
- Assist the engineering management team in driving the implementation, review and evolution of Maintenance and Reliability best practice across the site, to maximise plant reliability, efficiency and asset health
- To be the front line point of contact for all operation and services engineering issues during the allocated shift
- Responsible for small to medium project co-ordination, such as the project scope, timetable of works, H&S planning, budget allocation and coordination of personnel
- Provide technical support to the plant engineers and managers on plant performance, downtime and EHS requirements
- Provide the engineering team with departmental Key Performance Indicators and detailed improvement plans and share best practice and benchmarking
- Provide the Plant with ‘front line’ operational management of Human Resources requirements, including working time management, shift allocation, performance reviews, absence/ disciplinary issues and recruitment and training
- Leadership of a small shift of engineers ensuring work prioritisation and time management
- Help to motivate and empower other engineers, helping them reach their potential
- Assist the Engineering Manager to ensure safe systems of work are embedded and a safe working environment is maintained at all times
- Maintain all legal standards and ensure all engineers are trained to the relevant standards
- 5 GCSE’s (including English and Maths ) or equivalent secondary level qualifications
- Relevant Engineering qualifications, Mechanically or Electrically biased to Bachelors Degree, or HND/ City & Guilds Level
- A formal Health and Safety Qualification (IOSH/ NEBOSH) would be preferred and understanding of applicable Health and Safety legislation (COSHH, RIDDOR, CDM) Experience of engineering in a production environment, food/ drinks / consumer goods or utilities preferred
- Understanding of food hygiene and food safety legislation
- Practical application of incident and accident investigation procedures
- Experience of supervision and coordination of small team of multi-skilled engineers would be strongly preferred
- Able to motivate employees, communicate objectives clearly, provide feedback and suggest improvements for individuals performance and able to communicate to different levels of employees
- Experience of using a computerised maintenance management system (preferably Maximo)
- Manage conflicting priorities within tight deadlines
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Fluent in verbal and written English
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest private companies in the world.
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more
Our usual recruitment process is as follows; candidates meeting the criteria will be invited to a telephone interview with a member of the Talent Acquisition team. If this is successful you will be invited to a further interview with the Hiring Manager and members of the hiring team. For some of our positions a final interview will also be needed…… click apply for full job details
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Company