Estate Manager – Cambridge – Up to £45,000 pa
My client who is a leading property consultancy/real estate provider is looking for a Estate Manager based in Cambridge. This role will be working on a site based in Cambridge where you will deal with the day to day management and operational activities in line with all health and safety, environmental and company procedures. Strong leadership skills, service charge experience and fantastic customer service are a must.
* Provide a primary point of contact for all Estates Management matters on site.
* Ensure that various company Reporting and Health & Safety Systems are up to date and complete at all times.
* Ensure all periodic checklists are complete and uploaded onto company’s Datastation system.
* Ensure compliance with all legal and statutory requirements, including Health and Safety and that a full set of risk assessments is held and actions plans are managed diligently and competently at all times.
* Ensure that high standards of property & estate presentation are achieved and maintained.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with existing and new suppliers and contractors.
* Evaluate existing contractual relationships and ensure that the service provided by contractors, is in line with the agreed specification. Ensure that any shortcomings in service delivery, are dealt with swiftly and reported back to the line manager and Operations team.
* Ensure the company’s CAFM system (Elogbooks) is fully utilised and maintained up to date at all times.
* Review RAMS and compliance documents to ensure safe working practices are complied with at all times by service partners, suppliers, and tenants/occupiers.
* Service charge budgeting, review, and year end
* Contractor and supplier invoice validation, and cost coding to service charge budgets.
* Periodic review of meter readings and reconciliations with Utility suppliers and company’s Accounts for allocation / recharging on to occupiers and the service charges.
* Proactive and ongoing engagement with key stakeholders, occupiers, the Client, and wider colleagues involved with the estate’s management.
* Ensure appropriate clear communication lines are established and accurate and ordered management records are maintained.
* Carry out any other reasonable requests of the Line Manager.
* Recording and reporting any concerns or issues identified with the Client and wider colleagues for the areas under development by the Client (or others) and outside of direct Management
* Previous experience in a senior Estate Management or Facilities Management capacity
* Understanding and experience of commercial property and estate management operations.
* Detailed understanding of RICS Service Charge Code, regulations, and demonstrable experience in budgeting and reconciliation.
* Ability to develop, assess, and undertake Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
* Utilities and building environmental management experience including liaison with Utility Supply Companies
* Good people management, collaboration and communication skills.
* Commercial awareness with strong financial and project management skills
* Ability to self-manage, prioritise and multitask workload.
* IT literate, including use of Microsoft Office Products, and industry recognised Health and Safety & Estate management or Lease Administration systems
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency