We’re looking for a candidate to this position in an exciting company.
- Lead the 3 year long rang plan and annual operational forecasts for the Intercontinental regional business, providing recommendations and business driven scenario analyses
- Provide guidance and analysis to support product launch, determine business model and evaluate pricing and contracting strategy across diverse set of markets.
- As part of Global Commercial Finance Leadership Team is expected to take a lead role in worldwide & Intercontinental region Finance projects, for example in ensuring the finance operating model is fit for purpose, efficient & scalable, as well as well-controlled and with deep, best-in-class expertise centers.
- Ensures optimal and consistent Finance processes are in place in all markets leveraging the International Shared Service Centre and central FP&A Centre-of-Excellence (CoE).
- Works with country finance and Financial Shared Services (FSS) to ensure country-level Accounting, Controllership, Tax, Treasury and Procurement maintain robust financial controls and management of risks across markets, facilitated by strong collaborative relationships
- Proactively recommend process improvements to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our reporting and analysis
- Provide managerial leadership and guidance to direct reports. Build a highly capable team through the attraction, training and development of professionals to meet business needs
- Selects, develops and evaluates senior personnel to ensure the efficient operations of their function
- Reviews and approves the assessment, development, and maintenance of Gilead’s FP&A tools and process.
- Regularly interacts with Gilead’s senior management on matters concerning several functional areas.
- With the region crossing diverse cultures, reimbursement policies and regulatory environments, we are seeking an experienced individual with proven cultural adaptability. The successful candidate will have gained experience both at an operational level, such as country Finance Head, as well as in above-country roles. Ideally the candidate will have gained exposure to working within a US corporate environment, as well as experience of operations in the major markets in the region.
- BS or BA is required and an MBA or CA or similar qualification is strongly preferred
- Extensive relevant finance experience with increasing scope and responsibility, including proven management experience
- Prior experience in bio-tech or pharma in a commercial finance leadership role is strongly preferred
- Experience in high growth, multinational organization is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills: an inquisitive mind, and the ability to work effectively with multiple functions are required.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with diverse audiences and be perceived as a leader is required
- Business Savvy and Financial Acumen: The candidate will possess technical knowledge on analytics, business foresight, and problem-solving skills. Must have a significant in-depth proficiency in all aspects of accounting and finance, including technical aspects.
- Results oriented with the ability to facilitate and ensure Country GM’s and FDs are best placed to achieve success. Be optimistic but realistic in your approach
- Team Leadership: Demonstrates ability to align and motivate a team to achieve objectives including financial results, timely and accurate reporting, transparency, and controls. They will lead, attract, train & develop a team of highly capable skilled finance professionals to support the Commercial business.
- Possess an open and transparent approach to working with colleagues, combined with the ability to work and succeed in a non-political way.
- Proven ability to lead multiple teams and projects to successful completion, with experience managing managers in remote locations
- International experience would be an asset
- Experience in life sciences, healthcare, biotech would be an advantage, as would exposure to US corporate environments.
- Preparedness for 40-60% travel.
- An in-depth knowledge of Oracle or equivalent ERP system and proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, and Word)
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency