Our client is looking for a CILA qualified Loss Adjuster to join thier National UK Loss Control team. The role will be predominately Claim Preparation & Presentation. You will provide a professional Claim Preparation service to clients as assigned along with providing other support functions. You will have wide experience of commercial property / BI and other Material Damage claims.
The role includes delivery of additional Loss Control services to include: BI Analysis (assessing client’s BI cover and recommending appropriate MIP’s, Cover amounts and extensions). Support Account Executives in identifying and achieving sales, and assisting claims colleagues in identification of annual claims and After the Event (ATE) opportunities. In addition, you will provide technical assistance to claims handlers on other claims issues and assist Account Executives with claims reviews prior to renewal, resources permitting. The role might involve support to other areas of the business as requested by your manager.
- Process claims from initial notification to final conclusion, including recovery aspects. Record all claims on our central system.
- Meet clients, adjusters, Insurers and others involved in the claim process, assisting clients to prepare, present and negotiate settlements as per client requirements on any given case
- Liaise directly with clients regarding any claims queries or issues and ensure they are kept updated of claim progress at appropriate intervals, including awareness of any issues arising.
- Use and maintain a diary system to remind/chase clients, Insurers and other involved parties, at appropriate intervals to expedite the claim
- Develop working relationships with clients and colleagues to promote customer satisfaction
- Offer appropriate technical advice to clients throughout the claims process. Assess options available to the client and advise them accordingly to provide sufficient knowledge to make reasoned decisions
- Effectively manage client and colleague expectations regarding the claim process, timescales, policy and/or legal liability and quantum
- Ensure that claims processing and associated administrative duties from email and all other communications are kept up to date and in compliance with the claims policies and procedures.
- Liaise with Account Executives where to ensure they are kept abreast of developments on all claims, and particularly contentious, problematic or large claims
- Highlight any claims complaints (in addition to following the company’s general complaints procedure) and identify and inform your manager of any claims that might generate a complaint (e.g. slow or no response from Insurer, claim unreasonably repudiated or quantum unreasonably reduced)
- Ensure that you keep abreast of industry and product changes, including legal changes
- Advise Account Executives of fee to be quoted for any claim and for additional services
- Provide additional services where required and maintain the index for these projects
- Issue fees at completion of additional services and copy fee to relevant parties
- Actively promote and help increase sales in the region and nationally, including branch visits to review take up and offer guidance
- Provide support to other regions as appropriate
- Provide support and monthly reporting data to your manager
- Develop the business and maintain the professional reputation of the company
- Comply with our client’s Professional Standards Manual in accordance with statutory requirements for role with specific attention, but not limited to, Managing Client information, Whistle Blowing, Treating Customers Fairly
- Understand and apply fundamental legal and regulatory policy in relation to internal policies andthe insurance contractas required
- Ensure all aspects of the Financial Conduct Authority, Legislative and regulatory bodies are adhered to and followed at all times
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Previous Loss Adjusting experience essential
- Associate of Chartered Institute of Loss Adjusters qualification (ACILA) essential.
- Educated to A-Level standard or equivalent preferred
- Insurance law and claims, policies, practices and procedures.
- Excellent communication & relationship building skills
- Ability to prioritise workload, write comprehensive report and deliver presentation
- Understand and apply fundamental legal and regulatory policy in relation to the insurance contract, able to advise on customers legal requirement
- Proven and confident negotiation skills
- Excel and Word skills
- MS office and other relevant IT systems proficiency
- Eligible to work in the UK
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency