A vacancy has arisen for an Export Logistics Co Ordinator in the Shipping department with this engineering design/ manufacturer.
The role holder will be responsible for arranging & shipping of company products to new, existing customers and suppliers (through their nominated freight forwarders), including international and national destinations ensuring all relevant paperwork and permissions are in place and goods are delivered to required timescales.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
* SAP preparation and checking of pre-shipment documentation to meet HMRC, QA, Insurance, Packing and Customer specifications (e.g. ECSI, Invoice, Pro Forma Invoice, C of C, Movement Certificate, C of O, Dangerous Goods Certification, Collection Note, Delivery Note etc.)
* Maintain Customer Shipping notes per contract to ensure best service.
* Checking (per shipment) that correct Permits, Export Licenses and Undertakings to transport and export products are applied and correctly declared.
* Preparing and presenting LOC documentation submissions in line with contractual requirements to banks and customers.
* Maintain professional qualifications for Dangerous Goods Air, Road and Sea shipment disciplines.
* Liaising with internal logistics teams, external Couriers and Freight Forwarders to move goods by the appropriate method in accordance with customer/supplier requirements.
* Liaising with internal QA, External QA, MOD, DOD and other government bodies.
* Inputting shipping data into customer portals for QA & Shipping verification.
* Making sure that accurate records are kept of transaction, checking invoices and delivery paperwork, compiling reports as required.
* Maintaining an up to date knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations and other factors that could affect the movement of goods.
* Customer Invoicing
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Minimum GSCE including English, Mathematics and Geography (A-B)
* Good communication and customer service skills.
* Able to manage multiple priorities and tight timescales.
* Methodical with good attention to detail.
* Computer Literate (SAP, Microsoft)
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
The ideal applicant will have:
* In depth SAP practical working knowledge and experience
* Experience in working in a commercial shipping role exporting complex products to a National and International customer/supplier base.
* Experience of working with Couriers and Freight Forwarders
* Good working knowledge of the requirements of licensed export regulations.
* Experience of dealing with government bodies and requirements
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency