This is your opportunity to be part of and in charge of a well-known, well-respected and successful Agricultural Contracting and Farming Business.
We are looking for an inspiring business leader, who is a determined, experienced, innovative and dynamic Business & Operations Manager to help take this business to the next level. Our client has successfully supplied contracting and farming services to hundreds of clients across Herefordshire, Worcestershire and Shropshire for 20 years. The company also sells a large range of new and used farm machinery. This will be a rewarding role, with the autonomy of overall management to build and run the business as well as enjoying the practical aspects of farming and machinery.
This role will suit farm and contracting managers ready to take the next step in their career. It is also ideal for those business leaders from commercial agriculture who want to move deeper into practical farming.
- Oversee all business management
- Oversee all operations
- Oversee and co-ordinate all contracting and farming operations
- Manage capital purchase projects
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing customers
- Develop new business
- Ensure profitability Maintain and improve the business balance sheet
- Sweat all assets within the business
- Oversee company HR matters and ensure the business is a great place for everyone to work
- Devise and implement short, medium- and long-term business strategy
- Oversee all marketing activities
- Ensure all compliance with HSE, legal, finance, environmental, welfare
- An inspirational leader of people and business
- Lead from the front An ability to connect and communicate with everyone, from international suppliers to machine operators to customers
- Practical and hands on experience of managing a farm contracting team Business management experience
- Good knowledge and experience of P&L and balance sheet management
- Great people manager
- Ability to generate new business as well as maintain great business relationships with existing customers Good understanding of all compliance issues
- Drive and determination to succeed, leading from the front, with excellent delegation skills
- Be prepared for ‘out of office hours’ working
- Agricultural or related degree would be desirable but not essential BASIS and FACTS would be desirable but not essential
Relationships and reporting lines
- Reporting to the Non-executive board of the business
- Line management and oversee of all employees
- Relationship and responsibility for all customers, past present and future
- Continued relationships with all suppliers to the business Relationships with all 3 rd party service suppliers to the business – e.g. Accountant
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Stuart Goodinson on: Office or e-mail your CV and covering letter to
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency