Do you have a keen interest in Finance with strong numerical skills and the ability to deal with large amounts of data? If yes, then get in touch!!
We are a leading supplier of Poultry products into an impressive range of customers in the UK retail and food service sectors. With ambitious plans for the future, there hasn’t been a more exciting time to join us.
Join us as a Finance Assistant and you can be a part of the aspiring team that brings Avara Foods to life.
Purpose of the role:
As a member of the Finance team within Agriculture, you’ll provide Financial and Administrative support to the Agriculture Accountants and interact with different departments across the business, particularly Agriculture, Shared Services and Site Finance teams.
Your key responsibilities will include:
– Supporting the Agriculture Accountants, assisting with weekly & monthly reporting
– Supporting the month end process, including posting journals, reviewing cost centre transactions and balance sheet reconciliations.
– Providing financial support for the various Agriculture department, processing reconciliations, and monitoring stock movements to ensure accurate stocks.
What we are looking for:
– Excellent working knowledge of Excel – being able to decide on formulas and apply them (ie VLOOKUP’s, Data Sorting, Pivot Tables)
– Good analytical experience with a strong eye for detail.
– Comfortable using a variety of computer systems, such as Great Plains, M-Tech and Microsoft Office Packages.
– Ideally AAT, ACA, CIMA or ACCA part qualified or working towards these qualifications.
– Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
A little about us:
We are a leading supplier of chicken, turkey and duck products into an impressive range of customers in the UK retail and food service sectors. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 6000 people.
The growth of our business is based on providing a high quality, affordable product and delivering great service levels to our customers. This is achieved by investing in people, utilising the latest technology and being uncompromising in our commitment to high quality and food standards.
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to making sure our employees reap rewards of commitment and great performance. You will enjoy a secure, supportive and progressive working environment, where your contribution and achievements will be recognised and rewarded.
We offer comprehensive training as well as development and career progression opportunities. You can also look forward to a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today!
Application closing date: Friday 8th February
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency