Financial Accountant wanted for a client based in the City by Liverpool Street.
The role purpose:
To ensure that the client consistently complies with all relevant statutory and regulatory financial requirements, including but not limited to financial, tax and pension requirements.
Responsibility for preparing the financial statements under FRS102, and managing the year end audit process.
Ensuring that they meet all its tax reporting obligations, including calculating and filing periodic VAT returns, and coordinating the preparation of corporation tax returns through the external tax advisor.
Responsibility for maintaining the Nav finance system or have knowledge of other systems – managing ad-hoc issues and changes on a day to day basis, and leading finance involvement in system development projects.
The ideal candidate would have worked for an audit firm – probably mid-tier – as an auditor; they would then have gone to work in industry, where they will also have taken a significant role in organising the audit from the other side of the fence. They need someone who knows exactly how an audit should be run, understands the quality of information the auditors will be looking for, and has the confidence and experience to hold the rest of the team accountable for delivering that information.
Will have experience of working on a project team in a significant change project – obvious example would be the implementation of a new Finance system. They are currently undergoing a number of projects that have Finance implications, and I’d need to be able to send the candidate off to project board meetings and be confident that they will make sure finance requirements are implemented.
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA preferable)
- At least 3 years experience of working in audit, and 2 years working in business
- Experience of coordinating a year end and audit from the business point of view
- Excellent knowledge of, and experience in applying, FRS102
- Practical experience of managing VAT and corporation tax from the business point of view
- Good knowledge of control environments and internal controls frameworks
- The experience and awareness to identify opportunities to improve business processes, and the confidence and determination to deliver changes
- Good communication skills, with the ability to deliver complex financial principles or information in a style appropriate to the audience
- Ability to build effective working relationships, and gain engagement and support, with non financial stakeholders
- Direct experience of using finance systems – Microsoft NAV preferable
- Experience of working in a commercial environment preferable
Satrt Date January/Feb 2019
Contact Name Paul Buckland
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency