The main function of a general labourer is to manually move freight, stock, or other materials or perform other unskilled general labour.
Job Responsibilities:General Labourer
• Attach identifying tags to containers, or mark them with identifying information.
• Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments and material and equipment needs.
• Record numbers of units handled and moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets.
• Move freight, stock, and other materials to and from storage and production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, ships, and containers, by hand or using trucks, tractors, and other equipment.
• Sort cargo before loading and unloading.• Assemble product containers and crates, using hand tools and precut lumber.
• Load and unload ship cargo, using winches and other hoisting devices.• Pack containers and re-pack damaequivalent containers.
• Carry needed tools and supplies from storage or trucks, and return them after use.
• Verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
• Team player and detail oriented.
• Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• 5-7 years experience required.
Interested Please apply
Employment Type Temporary
Advertiser Type Agency