Graduate Transport Planner – South Manchester
My client is specialist transport planning team that form part of a wider planning consulting business that boasts a leading reputation across the North West and wider UK. Working with a range of clients from different sectors, this business supports the planning of complex, challenging and varying in size developments. This transport planning team supports these developments and makes them possible from a transport planning perspective. They also generate their own work stream by boast their own prestigious portfolio of private sector clients including house builders, commercial developers and major industrial clients.
This small yet talented transport planning team boast some of the leading transport and development planners in the North West. Due to continued growth and new business wins, we are looking to find a talented, bright and ambitious recent graduate that is interested in transport planning and is keen to learn on the job from some of the best in the industry.
We are looking for a graduate with the following:
* A Transport Planning or Geography degree would be advantageous, but is not essential;
* An interest in Transport Planning and a passion to develop a career in this sector (this is essential);
* Is either based locally to South Manchester or is able to relocate to this area.
Areas that you might have experience of and that you will be trained in:
* Transport Planning focused on development planning in the private sector.
* Report writing producing transport assessments, travel plans and transport statements.
* Designing, assessing and modelling junctions using Arcady, Picady, Linsig and Transyt.
* Develop basic design skills with AutoCAD.
* Traffic counting analysis, trip generation, gravity model distribution and GIS Accessibility.
* AND MUCH MORE!!
This is a unique opportunity for a graduate to join a small and specialist transport planning team and to be involved in the day to day business whilst playing a key part in the work that is delivered by this team. This personal feel and ability to learn on the job is very rare in comparison to being part of a large business and strict graduate scheme where you feel like a very small cog in a big machine. This is not an opportunity to be missed if you are a graduate that is looking to develop a successful career in transport planning. Please apply or get in touch: John Tittley / (phone number removed) .
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency