We are currently recruiting for a Group HR Manager to join a well-established automotive company based in Milton Keynes. This role will form part of the senior management team, reporting into the Plant & Production Director; you will be responsible for providing a full HR service to the Group.
The role will cover all areas of HR and will include the following main duties:
- Lead the end-to-end recruitment process for all Group opportunities up to and including senior management level, participating in the selection process, supporting and coaching Line Managers, where applicable
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with all recruitment agencies
- Develop strategies to minimise recruitment expenditure whilst maximising candidate quality
- Support Line Managers in the overall planning of resource.
- Provide advice and guidance in matters of discipline and grievance, including absence management, providing effective coaching to Line Manager’s.
- Provide feedback to the Plant & Production Director regarding reoccurring issues that require further intervention
- Ensure changes to employment legislation are communicated to appropriate Directors/Line Managers.
- Coach, direct and support the Line Manager’s to effectively manage the performance of their teams.
Strategy (in conjunction with the Plant & Production Director):
- Plan, develop and implement HR strategy across the Group.
- Develop, implement and oversee HR Policy and best practices in line with current legislation and business objectives.
- Ensure effective communication to the business of existing/new policy and promote best practice.
- Take responsibility for internal HR related employee communications ensuring consistency and compliance with legal obligations.
- Take a full and active part in the monthly management meetings providing KPI’s for HR related aspects of the business.
- Line Manager responsibility for the Training & Development Manager and Business Administrator.
Skills required and preferred experience:
- Be CIPD Qualified (Level 5 or working towards) (Essential)
- Have previous experience in a HR Generalist role (minimum 3 years) (Essential)
- Have a solid understanding and application of employment law (Essential)
- Have previous experience working in an owner managed business (Desirable)
- Have previous experience of working in an automotive/manufacturing setting (Desirable)
In return you will receive;
- A competitive salary
- Free parking
- Opportunity to work for a well-known family run company who are established in their field, who value their employees and offer great career opportunities
- Early finish on Fridays
Working hours are Monday to Thursday 7.30am to 4.45pm and Friday 7.30 – 12.30
If you would like to know more about this position please get in touch today!
Growth Recruitment are an equals opportunities employer working on behalf of a company.
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency