Our client is one of the leading and most exclusive Hotel and Leisure Resorts in Scotland, they have received the Outstanding Employer 2019 – British Inn Keepers Scotland and the Training & Employee Retention Award Winner – CIS Excellence 2018. They are looking for someone who is passionate about all aspects of hospitality and food preparation. The company have live in options available.
All aspects pertaining to the organisation, supervision, control & profitability of the Kitchen.
All menu dishes must be accurately costed to ensure a gross profit margin averaging 70% on an annual basis. Kitchen wages percentage of 19.9% of turnover must be attained on annual basis.
Recruitment, Staffing, Training & Communication
– To ensure that uniform and personal hygiene standards are maintained by the brigade. Chefs must wear whites including hat & kitchen porters should wear boiler suits.
– To carry out effective departmental inductions with new members of staff and regularly appraise staff throughout their employment in accordance with company procedures.
– To hold a minuted departmental meeting with all kitchen staff at least once a month
Food Preparation, Menu Planning, Costing and Gross Profit Margins
– Maintaining budgeted food gross profit whilst ensuring that innovative and creative quality food which meets & exceeds customer expectations is prepared and served.
– Planning and developing menus and setting prices in co-operation with the Operations Manager and Food & Beverage Manager. Ensuring that all menus meet customer expectations.
– All menu items must be costed prior to implementation and pricing.
– Preparing recipes for each dish and ensuring that each dish is prepared in a consistent manner
Buying & Stock Control
– Ensure that only authorised supplies are ordered from authorised suppliers.
– Ensure that quality and quantities of goods received is as order and quotation.
– Gaining minimum price and maximum quality from all suppliers
– Demonstrate a sound knowledge of kitchen management and commercial awareness.
– Establish a personal interest and rapport with management and employees
– Demonstrate professional competence and sound judgement
– Develop innovative, in addition to, well established solutions to problems presented
Our clients team are Awesome; displaying professionalism, honesty and a fun and creative manner in everything they do. Everyone’s passion and personality is what makes them an award winning team
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency