Due to continued growth we are looking to recruit a Head of Compliance who will be responsible for ensuring quality assurance and embedding firm wide compliance with SRA, FCA, Ofcom, Lexcel, anti-money laundering regulations, data protection legislation and other key regulatory frameworks.
- Embed a culture of compliance and risk awareness within the firm.
- Manage and deliver against SRA, FCA, Lexcel & Ofcom quality and compliance standards
- Review and update policies and procedures relating to the activities to ensure compliance with the relevant rules/guidance/legislation.
- Assisting the Head of Risk and Compliance in providing urgent technical advice to staff on queries regarding anti-money laundering, conflicts, data protection and other ad hoc compliance issues.
- Ensuring that monthly and quarterly audits are carried out in line with the compliance plan, policies, procedures and Lexcel standards.
- Conducting thematic audits to target areas of concern and areas such as client due diligence and source of funds;
- Overseeing the delivery of the monthly compliance dashboard report so that information is provided to the Compliance Board on key themes/trends.
- Working with Group Leaders/Team Leaders/ Supervisors to ensure there is effective supervision of matters and that matters which are High Risk are regularly monitored.
- Liaising with key stakeholders to ensure all information required by the Financial Conduct Authority is supplied within the set timescales and that Approved persons are compliant with obligations set by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Ensuring risks are escalated to the Head of Risk and Compliance or the Money Laundering Reporting Officer when appropriate.
- Overseeing the handling of complaints and ensuring they are responded to within set timescales.
- Ensuring relevant breaches registers are maintained and that incidents are reported, monitored and controlled
- Assisting the Data Protection Officer with responding to requests to delete information and to provide information under the Data Protection Act and embedding high standards in relation to Data Protection
- Driving forward improvements to processes to ensure that compliance supports the efficient delivery of services;
- Devising and delivering a training plan and providing regular bulletins and updates on key compliance issues
- Ensuring that the impacts of legislative and regulatory changes are assessed and reported on
- Attending team, compliance and risk meetings when required.
The successful candidate will have experience of working in a similar compliance role within a law firm and be used to working in a busy and fast paced environment.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including 25 days annual leave (rising to 30 days), pension, training and development, private medical insurance, life assurance, healthcare scheme, subsidised gym membership, on-site restaurant, childcare vouchers, and an active social committee.
Employment Type Any
Advertiser Type Agency