RM Recruit are working with a West Midlands based Housing Association to recruit a newly defined Head of Finance for their team.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, with close liaison with a range of operational stakeholders, your key remit will be to ensure compliance against regulatory and statutory requirements and work in collaboration with the wider organisation to influence, streamline and improve operational and financial performance.
The role remit will include, but not be limited to:
* Day to day management of a team of business partners and accountants that make up the financial reporting and management accounting functions
* Delivery of accurate and insightful reports/MI to the Director of Finance and to the wider organisation
* Leading on various value adding projects
* Collaborative working with the wider association to prepare annual budgets within agreed timetables
* Monthly reforecasting activity to provide an accurate annual projection
* Provision of information that supports the 30-year financial planning process
* The delivery of successful year end audits.
* Contribution to new business/grant submissions.
* Continual improvement on the end to end finance process
* Promote best usage of established reporting systems to ensure the correct controls are in place.
* Development of the finance team and provision of excellent customer service to provide decision support
* Support the deliver regulatory and statutory reporting, in order to retain G1 rating
* Managing the process of Value for Money reporting across the organisation
The successful applicant will be a fully qualified accountant possessing both technical and business partnering acumen with the ability to work flexibly and under pressure to meet deadlines. Strong interpersonal skills to enable effective liaison with internal and external clients are a must and candidates from the housing sector would be highly desirable. This role will be subject to a successful DBS check
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency