Head of Kitchen – Vertas Group Limited
25 hours per week Monday – Friday across 39 weeks of the year, term time only.
The Bridge School
Vertas is one of the fastest growing multi-service facilities management companies in the UK. Our passion is putting our staff and customers at the heart of everything we do.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Kitchen to join our catering team at The Bridge School.
This is a key role organising, preparing, cooking and serving quality meals to customers in accordance with the standard required and statutory regulations.
We are looking for a hard working courteous individual who has is enthusiastic and interested in producing healthy school lunches at the school.
Main responsibilities include:
* Supervision of the unit including monitoring hygiene standards, staff training and all day to day operations of the kitchen
* Undertake and/or lead a team where appropriate in the preparation, cooking and service of the meal
* Administrative work, including placing orders, stock control and monitoring of food budgets
* Checking and recording the amount, price and condition of all food/non-food deliveries and taking any necessary action required
* To take responsibility for the standards of cleanliness and hygiene of kitchen premises and equipment whilst maintaining sufficient stock levels of cleaning materials
The Head of Kitchen will have:
* Previous experience working in a catering environment
* Experience of preparing and cooking of food
* Good customer care skills
* Great catering presentation skills
Closing Date: Friday 10th May 2019
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency