Located in a very pleasant suburb North of the River, the team operate out of expansive offices which are both vibrant and modern mirroring the unique nature of the work they are involved in. This a small expanding procurement team and they are looking for an experienced Senior Category Manager/Head of Category to lead them into the next phase of their development.
As Head of Procurement you will be responsible for overseeing the individual category strategies and ensuring your Category Managers are maximising value from spend while balancing other requirements, including quality, service, security and sustainability.
- Managing a team of 6 across multiple indirect procurement categories.
- Setting the strategic direction for all indirect categories and communicating the strategies to leaders at all levels of the organisation.
- Building strong influencing relationships with the Executive and Senior Leadership Team
- Developing, with your Category Specialists, a centralised supplier sourcing strategy and a comprehensive on-going supplier review process, using technology to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop the team’s capabilities through delegation and oversight of procurement activities and process review, create and implement actionable sourcing and project plans across the organisation.
The ideal candidate will be / have:
- University degree educated.
- MCIPS qualified.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working at senior management level.
- Extensive leadership experience in procurement (focused on indirect spend) within a Public or HE Sector environment.
- Experience of driving transformational change.
- A proven influencer who naturally builds rapport and is comfortable developing strong relationships at a senior level.
- Expert-level negotiation skills and experience negotiating high profile contracts.
- Experience of working on global indirect procurement categories to include HR, Professional Services, Facilities Management, IT, Marketing, Travel or MRO.
You will be a highly motivated individual, committed to delivering results with high precision and accuracy. You will be a natural leader of people with good commercial acumen and the ability to solve complex problems in challenging situations.
In addition to your basic salary you will also have access to the following benefits:
- Childcare vouchers
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Choice of 3 competitive Pension Schemes
- Discounts on Gym Membership
- Discounts on Private Healthcare
Please apply now for more information including a detailed job description and salary details.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency