Laila’s Fine Foods is a leading UK ready meal manufacturer and has been providing quality chilled and frozen meals to leading retail and foodservice organisations for over 30 years. The key to our success can be attributed to the winning combination of great food and experience coupled with continuous innovation to meet future customer trends and demands.
We require a candidate for the role of Health, Safety and Training Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for working in the Human Resources Team to provide a high level of commitment and delivery of the Company Health & Safety policies and procedures alongside Training and Development responsibilities of our employees. This role is highly personable and will see you work in conjunction with colleagues across all departments.
* Deliver inductions to all new starters
* Ensure all personnel training records are kept up to date, signed and filed correctly
* Manage and develop employee training needs analysis and drive plans to deliver training throughout the business
* Training and documenting of all CCPs and MHE’s
* Complete all relevant Health & Safety and Training paperwork and administration to Bradbury’s framework and procedures
* To deliver competent Manual Handling and Health & Safety Training and refreshers which is fully documented and filed
* Keeping the business up to date with Health & Safety legislation
* Complete Risk Assessments
* Manage site Health & Safety in conjunction with external consultant
* Maintain a robust Health & Safety system
* Run the bi-monthly Health & Safety committee
* Manage all paperwork related to Health & Safety such as accident investigations and all follow up documentation, risk assessments etc. Ensuring all are completed filed and signed.
* Manage PPE stocks and distribution amongst employees
* Health & Safety Knowledge and Qualifications (IOSH, NEBOSH)
* ALTT IRTIB desirable
* Training Management experience
* Ability to interpret data and take action accordingly
* Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively under challenging conditions
* Good Communication skills
* Good eye for detail with strong IT skills
* Self-motivated, with good problem solving skills
* Goal oriented with the ability to achieve targets and timescales.
* Tenacious and tough minded
* Passion and enthusiasm for doing a great job
* Strong planning and organisational skills
* Able to promote and implement positive improvement and change
* A strong confident decision maker, taking responsibility for actions.
Creating the Future
So we’d love you to apply but think carefully as this role is critical, our expectations of you are like none other but if you are as excited as us about changing the future then go for it.
No agencies need to apply for this role
Applications by CV using the apply button below
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency