This Housekeeping Supervisor role is based at our Sidney Corob care home in Fortune Green. The working hours are 35 hours each week, worked over 5 out of 7 days with some weekend work. This posit holder will be responsible for meeting Health and Safety Regulations and accountable for excellent housekeeping standards. The 350 Hotel services team members form part of the Operations Department based in all Resources at Jewish Care.
Principal accountabilities / responsibilities
- To ensure all Health & Safety practices are monitored, met and recorded in line with organisational Policies and current legislations
- Ensure all housekeeping and laundry services comply with Jewish Care agreed standards
- To work within the agreed budget, administer unit controls in line with budget and consistently seek and implement ways of improving the quality and cost effectiveness of the service
- Manage financial and administrative requirements to ensure Jewish Care budgets and policies are adhered to
- Ensure individual learning needs are met through provision of high quality training and development to inspire learners in developing their skills and capabilities
- Keep abreast of best practice within the Housekeeping sector to ensure Jewish Care’s training and development remains relevant and innovative
- Lead and motivate the team to ensure agreed qualitative outcomes are achieved and customer service expectations are achieved and maintained
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in developing a team
- Experience of rostering to budget
- BICs or willingness to be trained to this level
- Current Accredited Infection Control Certificate or willingness to be trained to this level
- Can demonstrate the ability to use initiative and work independently without direct supervision
- Positive ‘can do’ and flexible attitude
- Can prioritise workload to ensure deadlines are met
We are proud to be a multi award winning organisation. Prestigious awards and accolades we have received include; The Skills for Care Best Employer for over 250 people, The Investors in People Gold standard and the Customer Service Excellence Standard. It will involve the delivery of Hotel Services within Jewish Care Homes and Community Centres. The Head Office being based at Amelie House in Golders Green.
Jewish Care offers excellent benefits and training to all staff. Benefits include, free meals, 20 day’s annual leave, Jewish Care Pension scheme, various discounts, Loans and mileage reimbursement, ride to work scheme, eye tests, employee referral bonus and more.
Jewish Care is a leading communal organisation. We are the largest health and social care charity for the Jewish community in the UK, caring for nearly 7,000 people every week. Approximately 1500 staff from multi-cultural backgrounds together with 3,000 volunteers help to maintain their service. It provides a wide range of services to help meet the community’s physical, social and emotional needs, both directly and in partnership with other organisations. We care & support many people including; older people with dementia, disabilities, mental health needs and Holocaust survivors and many more.
We aim to make a positive impact on the lives of Jewish people by creating excellent social care that enhances well-being and inspires them to stay connected to their community. The organisation is committed to finding innovative solutions tailored to the people who use their services.
We are a proud to be multi award winning organisation. Prestigious awards and accolades they have received include; The Skills for Care Best Employer for over 250 people, and The Investors in People Gold standard.
Please be aware that this vacancy will close, once a sufficient number of suitable candidates have been identified therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Employment Type Any
Advertiser Type Agency