Housing Officer – Residential Property Team
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the property team at the Blenheim Estate. Blenheim has made a commitment to provide quality and sustainable new homes whilst at the same time reinforcing the importance of the historic stewardship of Blenheim Palace. With a strong sense of responsibility for the socio-economic and aesthetic wellbeing of the area it is our ambition to build homes and create thriving communities for people to enjoy now and in the future.
Reporting to our Residential Property Manager, you will be a key member of the team responsible for the management of a new and expanding housing portfolio which includes affordable rentals and shared ownership units.
* Provide a sensitive, effective and efficient service to housing applicants and tenants
* Short-list candidates for affordable housing
* Prepare letting documentation and deal with tenancy renewals
* Co-ordinate repairs and maintenance through our in-house maintenance department
* Update and maintain the property database and other records
* Ensure that the properties are fully compliant with current legislation
* Carry out regular property visits with tenants
* Maintain a relationship with the local authority and other partners
* Liaise with solicitors and mortgage brokers on the sales of shared ownership units
We are looking for someone well versed in tenancy management with experience of a wide variety of housing issues, including rent collection, arrears, benefits and tenant management. We would also expect you to have knowledge of current housing legislation, policies and procedures.
You will also need:
* A full driving license
* Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
* Strong administrative, organisational and planning skills
* A flexible and hardworking approach with a ‘can do’ attitude
* To be good at problem solving, working under pressure and thinking on the spot
* An empathetic, compassionate nature with a willingness to help
This is a full time, permanent position, salary dependant on experience. To apply please send your cover letter and CV and include your current salary package details and salary expectations in your cover letter. The closing date is 1st February 2019.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency